Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TC Scout Carbine

Boolit Buddy
    That's one fine looking rifle. I agree, they are very well built, nice little guns.

Perma-Banned
    Here it is finished! Ready to get out and shoot it!

Attachment 190901 Attachment 190902

Attachment 190903 Attachment 190904

Perma-Banned
    If it dont pour the rain today i plan on shooting this rifle, gonna try the S&W 500 PP bullets, and the Buffalo arms 550 Grain PP Bullets, im thinking 70 Grains of 3F, or 80 Grains of 2F to start? I have both 2 and 3F in Swiss powder, also have a new can of Goex 3F. Hopefully i can get this little rifle to like a Paper Patched bullet? I sure like the feel of it! This new Williams Peep and front sight Globe setup nice. I also got the 54 Cal barrel yesterday, i was skeptical about buying it sight unseen (anything blackpowder) it turned out really good, i gave the barrel a thorough cleaning, patented breech detail and all, i dropped my bore light in and she's perfect! Nice bright rifling. I have to find an under rib and Scout thimbles for this 54 barrel. I can shoot it, just cant hold a ramrod in it.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice looking piece you got there. Kindda looks like a Rolling Block. Its rained so much on this side I think I can swim upright just like a Duck!

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleysboss View Post
    Nice looking piece you got there. Kindda looks like a Rolling Block. Its rained so much on this side I think I can swim upright just like a Duck!
    Its Pi$$in it down here right now, Our snow is almost gone down low here, stil a little bit in my back yard, and where it slid off the house. Be able to start shootin soon, im not gonna go stand in the rain though. I was hoping to get out and shoot this Scout today, but not gonna happen

In Remembrance
    I need to get out and work with mine some more.
    There is a few things I really like about these scouts.
    For one they are handier to carry on an atv than any of my other muzzle loaders.
    For another I shoot left handed and they are well suited for that. I am not crazy about the look of most inlines, but can stand the look of these. lol

What number is that williams sight, I am thinking I am going to want one or three. lol

Boolit Master
    Dandy big bodied deer. Lots of sausage on that one (pictured.) My congrats to >The Marksman. Well done young man.
    Five Four Bore. How could you stray? That Scout is simply a inline in disguised. Here I assumed you were a true blue side lock feller.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMax View Post
    Dandy big bodied deer. Lots of sausage on that one (pictured.) My congrats to >The Marksman. Well done young man.
    Five Four Bore. How could you stray? That Scout is simply a inline in disguised. Here I assumed you were a true blue side lock feller.
    I couldn't resist the little 30-30 feel, thats my story and I'm stickin to it! LOL

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I need to get out and work with mine some more.
    There is a few things I really like about these scouts.
    For one they are handier to carry on an atv than any of my other muzzle loaders.
    For another I shoot left handed and they are well suited for that. I am not crazy about the look of most inlines, but can stand the look of these. lol

What number is that williams sight, I am thinking I am going to want one or three. lol
    starmac, it is the Williams FP-T/C Encore/Omega TK, The FP stands for 'Fail Proof' and The TK stands for 'Target Knobs' i also went with the side Gib Lock for the Elevator, without the Gib Lock you would need a little flat head screw driver to make elevation adjustments in the field, I personally think they ALL should come standard with the Gib, same for the TK (target knobs) without them you would need a little flat head screw driver. These Williams peeps are TOP NOTCH when set up right.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the help on the recoil pad info and sorry for the slow response. Actually, looking to put one on a Mowrey fast-twist .50 I bought a few years ago. The buttplate is pretty narrow and looks like it would make a good splitting maul if you had a piece of tough oak.

Perma-Banned
    I found another old Scout in .54 Cal locally, gonna go take a look at it this Evening, if its in good shape i'll drag it home with me. This one is totally different, has a Crescent butt plate and called a 'Texas Scout' from what i gather they made very few of these, twist rate is suppose to be 1:38, here is what it looks like, minus the brass nose cap

Attachment 191389

Boolit Master
    Wow! Color case and part octagon. Nice looking. I wonder if you can fit different caliber barrelt into those receivers? Like a .54 into a .50 receiver?

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Wow! Color case and part octagon. Nice looking. I wonder if you can fit different caliber barrelt into those receivers? Like a .54 into a .50 receiver?
    Newtire, I didn't realize until you mentioned it that the picture i posted is half octagon/round, so i am wrong on that picture, the one i am going to look at does NOT have the half octagon barrel, it is round all the way and has the Crescent butt plate, the one i am looking at also appears to have a Case color to the Reciever, It appears TC made a few variances to the Scout, The Cody Scout is Octagon all the way 'i read somewhere that the barrels used for the Cody were cut down Renegade barrels and were 1:48 Twist?' Was hoping that someone here might shed more light on these things? I cant find much info, mostly what i have read is from other forum talk. The pictures i have of the actual gun are not that great but i will post them anyway

Perma-Banned
    Here is a Cody Scout

Attachment 191394 Attachment 191395

Perma-Banned
    And here is the actual gun i am going to look at

Attachment 191396 Attachment 191397

Perm-Banned
    let us know the twist of it if you buy it as then we can figure out the perfect bullet length for pp it.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Yes you can, at least the new in the box .50 Carbine i just bought, i had also found a used .54 Barrel on Ebay that was missing the under rib, and thimbles, i gambled on it fitting, I tried the 54 barrel after i recieved it and it fits perfectly to the new .50 Scout. The recievers, trigger assembly i bet are all the same (except maybe the Octagon barrel Cody Scout?)

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson1942 View Post
    let us know the twist of it if you buy it as then we can figure out the perfect bullet length for pp it.
    Will do Johnson1942, i am gonna take my range rod, a few patches, bore light, tools to take the gun apart. I will try and figure out twist rate with my range rod and a tight fitting patch, i can get close, tape the Rod and measure it. Hopefully this one is 1:38, from what little info i can find ive read 1:38?

Boolit Master
    Thanks .54 Bore. Looking now like a more versatile rifle than I had at first thought.

Perm-Banned
    a 1/38 twist would make it a real hunter and shooter for a sensible bullet. probably could turn out to be your main squeeze.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast