RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Question on powder coat

Boolit Buddy

Question on powder coat

I've heard that the Eastwood powders are pretty good. I was looking at the this one: http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powd...oss-clear.html

It's clear. I'm not really into the various colors, to be honest, and I like the idea of them looking like regular old lead. Has anyone tried this particular coat, and does it work?

Boolit Buddy
    Have you looked at Smokes powder? Vendor sponser, great product!

Boolit Master

Like Eddie above I like Smoke's product and try to support the 'local' vendors.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie17 View Post
    Have you looked at Smokes powder? Vendor sponser, great product!

BEST product, BEST guy. Period.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Smoke test what he sells, you know it will work and if it requires a gun or will work as shake and bake.

His white aluminum is probably pretty close to a lead grey.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...owder-For-sale

I also give him props for being on the forum helping members who are working their way through the learning curve. Seems clear he is here for more than just making a buck.

When considering price you might want to consider how many thousands of bullets you can coat per pound. Makes a few dollar difference insignificant when spread out across hundreds of bullets, or getting a "deal" on 10 pound purchase sort of pointless unless you are coating bullets for an army to fight in both zombie apocalypse and the Umbrella Corporation after the t-virus gets released. Really it is about like saving 10 cents a pound on lead you are using to cast .223 55 grain bullets. Not a factor worth worrying about.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Love smokes powders, his clear is my go-to for my ammo. Use the pretty stuff for the ladies or special load designation.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    ...unless you are coating bullets for an army to fight in both zombie apocalypse and the Umbrella Corporation after the t-virus gets released...
    I'm going after the zombies, Alice seems to have the U. Corp well under control
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

For what ever reason, clear PC seems to work the best for me. I add just a touch of color to tell at a glance which are coated and I like the look. Gp

+1 on Smokes powder. When i started I used a few different kinds of powder. One color coated really well but very thick. Other colors from same company not good at all ( The powder is suppose to be used with a gun, so can't knock the powder). Finally used enough to have to resupply and ordered four colors from Smoke's. Got them in two days and all colors coat great. Not so thick to cause issues and great coverage

Boolit Buddy
    Smokes powders work great with a fast turnaround time !!!

CC

Banned
    I also like smokes powder but, in answer to your question most polyester gloss PC usually will work for dry tumble PC, the flat and matt finishes need to be sprayed. If you find a good deal an a high gloss polyester pc give it a shot. Smoke has tested all the powder before he sells it so all his powders work.