Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any point to switching to PC

Boolit Master

Humans have the ability to rationalize anything they set their minds to. There is no single recipe to shooting success so thumping on our chests that there is only one true path to casting/reloading/shooting success is narrow-minded and silly. IMHO, of course.

Yes, I do PC but only to tweak certain CB's as I am too cheap to buy custom molds for some of my rifles. Naked alloy and "grease" works for most of my pistols and rifles and I have no "need" to change these combinations.

PC is but another tool in my toolbox that allows me to enjoy my hobby. PC-only zealots don't impress me much.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Similar boat here. I bought some decent quality Hi-Tek coated 405gr .459 from Missouri Bullet. They are easy to load and they keep the dies fairly clean but after I made the switch, I started to notice that the bore leaded up much faster, and accuracy dropped quickly. With grease grooved bullets, the bore condition was consistent and leading was always keep to a minimum. Likely, grease keeps the lead from sticking to the bore and is wiped away easily during cleaning. I think with the kinds of forces at work on the bullet, a thin coating or two really doesn't work all that well and ends up being as labor intensive as pan lubing and sizing. I have literally been pan lubing my coated bullets to keep the leading down.

shoe
    le ebin physics man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234