Ridgway 2017 Match Dates

Hello All,

Welcome to March!
    In a couple of months the 2017 season will begin at Ridgway
    Here are the dates.

April 23rd - 40 shot match
    May 28th - 40 shot match
    June 24/25th - 2017 Eastern Regional - 40 shots each day
    July 30th - 40 shot match (Note: on the 5th Sunday so as not to interfere with the High Power Nationals the weekend before)
    August 27th - 40 shot match
    September 23/24th - PA State championship - 40 shot match each day
    October 22nd - 40 shot match

Please note that the July match will be held on the 5th Sunday of the month.

Craig Duncan
    45bpcr@gmail.com
    Live Free or Die Death is not the worst of all evils

Boolit Buddy

April 2017

Dear Shooters,

Only a couple of more weeks until the start of the 2017 season at the Ridgway Rifle Club! Our first match of the year will be Sunday April 23rd. This will be a standard 40 shot match. Carolyn and I will arrive Friday the 21st and will have the range open Saturday for practice.

We won't be shooting any "extracurricular" matches this month. I want to see the range and the improvements that have been done over the winter. Plus, I'm way behind the curve with my casting and loading.

Be sure to bring warm clothes and rain gear for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at us. We'll provide coffee and donuts, and the club house has potable water. Bring your lunch.
    Match-Day Info

7:00-8:45 Registration
    8:00-8:45 Sight-in
    8:45 Mandatory shooters meeting
    9:00 Match starts

Shoot is open to NRA and non-NRA members. Current NRA silhouette rules apply. 2017 NRA Silhouette Classification book required and may be purchased at the match. If you're buying a 2017 book, please bring your 2016 book so we can transfer your high scores. Entry fee of $25 per day (Junior Shooters $10).

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
    Craig Duncan
    Match Director, Ridgway BPCR
    45bpcr@gmail.com
    603-845-9727 (cell)

Boolit Buddy

I've been watching the weather for our match this weekend.
    Depending on who's rolling the weather dice it may be "Partly Cloudy" with a chance of rain or heavy afternoon T-storms.
    I won't cancel a match because of rain, but if T-storms roll through during the match, I'll have to.
    We can't have the target setters out in a field filled with long steel rails during an electrical storm.
    As usual, Carolyn and I will be there Friday afternoon to set up and the range will be open Saturday for practice/sight in.

On a side note, I'm also bringing a nice old Swede CG-63 to try out at the longer ranges.
    You have to love a club that has 401 steel targets set up for ones shooting pleasure.

Craig

Boolit Buddy

Ridgway BPCR Newsletter
    May 2017

Our May match is a little over 2 weeks away! This month has sure flown by. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Memorial Day than by spending time with friends shooting BPCR Silhouette at Ridgway.

We should see some big changes at the range this month. There should be some new bunkers for the target setters. Work has been progressing down at the 200 yard range. There will be 10 banks of animals to better support CLA Silhouette. Makes me think I should load up some 375 Win cast bullet loads and let Carolyn try some chickens "up close."

As usual we'll be arriving the Friday before, sometime after lunch, to get things ready. We always appreciate people who help us paint and set targets. Typically most of them are lying in the dirt when we arrive. Except for the chickens - I wonder why that is??

Last month we had gorgeous weather and got sunburned. This month, we'll probably want bug spray. We'll provide coffee and donuts, and the club house has potable water. Bring your lunch.
    Match-Day Info

7:00-8:45 Registration
    8:00-8:45 Sight-in
    8:45 Mandatory shooters meeting
    9:00 Match starts

Shoot is open to NRA and non-NRA members. Current NRA silhouette rules apply. 2017 NRA Silhouette Classification book required and may be purchased at the match. If you're buying a 2017 book, please bring your 2016 book so we can transfer your high scores. Entry fee of $25 per day (Junior Shooters $10).

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
    Craig Duncan

Match Director, Ridgway BPCR
    45bpcr@gmail.com