ADvertise hereStainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision

Thread: FS: Savage 220 Swift w/Redfield Scope

Boolit Master

FS: Savage 220 Swift w/Redfield Scope

** Withdrawn to list elsewhere **

J Series single shot 220 swift rifle circa 70's I believe. I'm not sure on the trigger shoe, I bought it thinking at first it was a Canjar but I never took it out of the wood to check. It's not a set trigger so I don't believe it's a Canjar but I could be wrong. Don't have a scale to measure it but it's light enough that working the bolt too hard will trip the safety. Could use a little adjusting in that regard but I never got around to shooting it after acquiring it so haven't messed with it. I don't have a round count but the barrel seems to be in good shape. There are dings and scratches on the wood but the bluing is in good shape over all. Some slight bluing loss at the barrel.

It's topped with a 16x Redfield 3200 which is worth more than the rifle itself. Unfortunately I don't have the caps for it. Scope is in excellent shape. If you've not had one of these older fixed power scopes, the clarity will likely surprise you.

I'll include reloading dies with the rifle. $840 + shipping. For the package deal I'll toss in some brass as well. (Edit: I will sell for $810 + shipping without dies/brass)

I'm not opposed to parting it out but I'd want to sell the scope for $550 + shipping. I'll include the rings. (The rifle is tapped so you can put a shorter scope on it) If the scope sells first I can do $300 + shipping on the rifle w/dies.

Happy to email you the full size photos along with a few more if you'd like. Just let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	189259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-10.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	189260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-8.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	189261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-9.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	189262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-7.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	189263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage220Swift-6.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	189264
    Last edited by mckenziedrums; 03-10-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Boolit Master
    I owned one of those rifles in the 1980s and you had to try to shoot groups OVER an inch. Still one of the most accurate rifles I ever owned. Mine was called a 112V. Thanks for the memories. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I have a few other Savage rifles in the safe, including some older ones like this, and they really are fantastic shooters. This one would be a nightmare for varmints. Buddy of mine is in a bind needing tools to start a new job so I'm going to sell this one to buy one of his rifles I'd been lusting after. Probably regret it later!

Boolit Master

If the scope sells first I'll take first dibs on the rifle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Someone already messaged on the rifle I'm afraid. Probably should have priced it higher lol Great deal as a ready to shoot package!

Boolit Master
    People who say cartridge design affects accuracy never met the .220 Swift.

Boolit Master
    hump day bump! Updated the original post, realized I hadn't put the model of the scope there... Someone has to be looking for a nice Redfield 3200 strapped to a varmint slaying rifle.

Boolit Master

I got one just like it that my local shop put a new fluted stainless 243 barrel on. When I asked I got the old, shot out swift barrel free. At some point it's going to JES to become a 35 Whelan barrel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Bump for Friday night crowd. I'll knock off 40 bucks if you don't need dies or brass. Best I can do

Boolit Master
    One last bump before I take the kid on a little fishing trip and I'll probably pull this when I get back to try elsewhere. The dies I'm including for $840 include the full length set as well as a neck sizer. There will be enough brass to get you started as well. If I get back from my trip and it's not sold I'll start parting things out and contact those that showed interest in the rifle.