Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & SonsRotoMetals2
StainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 5345 USD (89%)
WE HAVE REACHED OUR GOAL! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED CONTRIBUTE AND KEEP US GOING!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTS H&G #50 10 Cavity Project Moulds

Anyone cast with one yet?

Boolit Bub

I'm close. Hopefully next weekend.

Boolit Master

Has anyone found the proper screw to hold the sprue plate on , and sprue plate stop screw ?

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I've got one from yrs gone by that is in good shape. Great mould....
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

3/8" fine for sprue plate, 1/4" fine for stop screw

Boolit Master

I have been trying this and that to get casting with the mold so far I have , cleaned up the edges on the blocks to try to get a good level closing , reversed the pins to the other side of the blocks , taken the handle apart and adjusting the tension so it's not much play when opening and closing the mold , sacrificed a lee 6 cavity handles for the wood . Now the screws for the sprue plate were a problem the screw that stops the sprue plate needs to be a shoulder screw to line the holes up when poring , I found where I can order the screw I need but without knowing what size I need it stoped me . That's until yesterday I decided to sort through my pile of strange brass and start cutting up some to build up a spacer to fit over the standard bolt , I got pretty close and heated it up yesterday to cast a few . I had quite a bit of flashing on the base of the boollits in the middle of the blocks and some fining on the nose in the middle as well . So after it cooled down I took it apart again trying to clean up the place on the inside of the blocks that is stopping it from closing up good and level without over doing it , and reassembled it to sand the top of the blocks and the bottom of the plate . So today I tried it again with noticeable improvement much less flashing on the base , and just a fine line on the nose at the worst point . I don't want to do much to the top of the blocks until I get it closing up nicely but I can still see light between the blocks so there is more to be done on it . There is a spot well below the cavities in the middle that needs to be cleaned up some more but it's slowly getting better . All in all I'm having a good time with this project and appreciate the opportunity to get the chance of restoring this mold to useful condition again . How are some of the other ones coming along ?

Boolit Man
    Does anyone have a rough figure on how large the shoulder should be on that fine 1/4th inch bolt to stop the plate?
    Last edited by .455 Webley; 03-26-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Boolit Master

I came up with around .340 to get a good line up with the cavity and sprue plate possibly could be just a touch larger . I still haven't found the right size to order , but with some tinkering came up with something . I could send you a couple piece of brass that you could try making a bushing out of to figure out what you need .

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the measurement. I made one on the lathe today around .350 that should get me started. With any luck i will cast some this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12