Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW MFG. .357 in shorter barrel lengths?

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    The short magazine holds 5 357 rounds. It made the gun a sweet dream to carry and balances very well. When a sling is installed I carry it upside down, keeps the muzzle from capturing debri when in brush or wet weather. It seems happiest with 158 gr. bullets, but then the barrel is shorter and the front sight is taller than original.

Boolit Master
    Got a win trapper in 357 mag ,won't feed 38 s but 357 mag works fine and can increase oal and still feed well .being lazy one Sunday shot at 25 yards ,ten round group 0.9"c t c .bought it new in 1998 and fired thousands of boolits in it .the only weak point is the ejectors, have broken half a dozen ,the pin breaks but can be repaired with a nail if you cut a grove in the ejectors body and silver solder a nail in .

Boolit Bub
    A Rossi 16" '92 is on my short list. All I have to do is find one. They seem to be scarce here lately.
    It ain't bent, Ned

Banned

Have two 16" Rossi M92s
    Both tuned by top SASS gunsmiths. Worth the wait.
    Those guns run real good

Boolit Master
    Mare's leg owners, how accurately can you shoot these handguns?

Boolit Master
    Handi little rifle in 357 that I own is a Henry Carbine with a Skinner peep. I shoot a 155 grain from an Accurate mold specifically designed for the Henry and it is very accurate.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm building a Rossi 92 SBR in 357 magnum here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...74#post3997174
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Bub
    Just bought a Henry BBS .357 carbine. Great little rifle. Very pleased with the purchase.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmanz View Post
    A Rossi 16" '92 is on my short list. All I have to do is find one. They seem to be scarce here lately.
    Wait until all the Iowa Deer hunters start buying lever guns, should be good for business.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a 1979 (first year production) 1894C with 18 1/2" barrel. Also have an 1894CBL with 24" full octagon barrel from 1999. Both get shot exclusively with my own cast boolet loads. I carry and shoot the 1894C the most as the CBL has such pretty wood I fear messing it up. My walk about loads in the 1894C are the Lyman 358477 at 154 grains, 5.0 grains of Bullseye at 1200 fps and the gas checked Lyman 358156 164 grains, 15.0 grains of ACC#9 at 1800 fps. If I can't take care of what ever needs taking care of with those two loads I'm staying home and playing Yahtzee with the my wife of 45 years.

358 Win

Boolit Master
    another rossi '92 owner here, mines in SS and 16" barrel. Just a fun gun to shoot after it was slicked up.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    If you start looking for a 20" one, they will only have the 16" in stock. At least, that's what happened to me when I was looking for a stainless 20" Rossi 357 in 2013. Finally got mine in November 2013 and added his big brother in 44 a few months later. I got mine from Bud's. I checked their website every couple of days until they had them in stock for a price I was willing to pay. If you get a Rossi, you'll want a lighter extractor spring. Otherwise, your empties will launch into orbit. Both of mine have Stevesgunz peep sights, extractor springs and were slicked up using his dvd. They weren't bad out of the box, but now they are sweet. So far, the 357 has introduced 3 kids to center fire rifles and got my son's first deer. I prefer the 44, but the 357 still gets plenty of use.

Bud's only has 44 and 45 in stock at the moment. Hang in there. It will be worth it when you find the 357 you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12