RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for bullet boxes.

Boolit Buddy

Looking for bullet boxes.

Going to start drawing up a new reloading bench with cabinet. I have tons of bullets looking for a source to buy some quality storage boxes like Sierra bullet boxes to Barry's boxes. Contacted u line sent them pix no luck. So if you got any ideas I would very muck appreciate it.

Have you considered the MTM cast bullet boxes?
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Buddy
    I did look at those I ended up calling Sierra he told me their boxed are metal edge telescoping chipboard boxes once I got that info search was easy.
    Thanx

Boolit Master
    look at Berry's bullets.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/item/409u-ammo-box

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Boolit Master

http://m.ebay.com/itm/262408627145?_mwBanner=1

I have a bunch of the advantus 3x5 card file boxes. Found them on sale for less than 1$ each with reasonable shipping. Clear so you can see what you have and how much without opening the box. They stack on tip of each other and there is no hinge to break. The 3x5 size holds quite a few Boolits and brass each.

I used to use the blue boxes from Midway. They're too small. Now, I use Cascade dishwasher detergent boxes. The larger size will hold 35-40 lbs of boolits. That's two pot fulls of boolits. Being rectangular, they stack good and have snap off lids.

A deplorable that votes!

I believe Midway still carries their pasteboard bullet boxes. We used to use them a lot. And they won't break the bank.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Perma-Banned

Check out the Parts bins from Harbor Freight.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Buddy

I bought the Green MTM boxes from midway , they work great and stack nicely,I think they come in 4 packs, 5 or 6 bux , dont recall , Ibought 12 of them, work great
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Perma-Banned

I use 1 and 2gal buckets that I got from Lowes.

Boolit Master

I use some clear clip top plastic containers from Walmart. They come in different sizes. The size I use is $1.97 and holds a bunch of boolits. The handles on the side come up and snap the top on.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadswickedammo View Post
    Going to start drawing up a new reloading bench with cabinet. I have tons of bullets looking for a source to buy some quality storage boxes like Sierra bullet boxes to Barry's boxes. Contacted u line sent them pix no luck. So if you got any ideas I would very muck appreciate it.
    How many do you normally keep cast up in how many calibers?
    I like to store .38's and .45's of various profiles in boolit boxes I saved from X-Treme, they ship in a rectangular box that holds 500 but that's pretty heavy.
    Other casts just go in small plastic containers that hold about 200-250 or so. Trying to use the food containers with screw on lids wastes a lot of good space...I hope you post a picture of what you end up with...everybody seems to have this problem.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

My rifle bullets get stored in Barries or various 100 round pistol ammo boxes. They hold the soft lubed bullets separated and in way they are easy to get a hold of. Also is nice to see 3 boxes and know I have 300 bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a really big 4 clip ammo can about 2ft talk 2ft x3ft been keeping all different size containers full of bullets in it can't hardly move it and sick of digging through it.
    So bought a stock of boxes from midway and a company in Florida that sells same boxes that Sierra bullets come in.
    Building a bench with shelf set up 40 inch flat screen t.v. in the middle shelfs 18 inches long on each side of the t.v. three on each side then two shelf the full length 6ft a 36x72 inch bench top. Should have enough room for bullets dies all my reloading hear also a shelf below for tumblers and pot.
    Really looking forward to get rid of the set up I have now.

It's pretty satisfying to sit down to a new casting/reloading bench...especially one that you have put so much thought and work into.
    When you settle in to the new one, don't forget to say . . . "Aaaah!"

And don't forget to show us the pictures too!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

I use cardboard boxes with a folding lid that some commercial cast bullets came in years ago, supplemented by some similar boxes I found at a local paper products store. Most will hold 500 9mm bullets and less of the larger bullets. I must have 50 or so, usually half in use and the others waiting to be filled. They stack nicely. I have often thought of the TV idea at my bench, but I fear the distraction during the loading process.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    The t.v. is on while cleaning priming sizing trimming and the like. Once the powder is out the idiot box is off.
    Can't wait to finish this bench project going to make things far more enjoyable just need a comfortable chair.

Harbor Freight, The Container Store, WalMart.....if I can't find something for storage in those places, there's something wrong with me.

Boolit Master
    I saw some commercial food storage containers at the flea market yesterday. They had different colored lids that would make ID for caliber at a glance. Clear container keeps you from having to open them for specifics.

I'd have to get rid of my plastic coffee cans though. 500 loaded 45acp in in a 2 lb 7 oz can is tough to beat for FREE.

Boolit Buddy
    I know you asked for boxes, but I'm using plastic peanut butter jars.