Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWisconsin Trigger
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationStainLess Steel Media

Thread: WTS .25-20 German single shot

Boolit Master

WTS .25-20 German single shot

WTS: German kiplauf single shot rifle, .25-20 W.C.F. Unknown maker, D.R.G. stamped on the water table. Under lever, double set triggers (which work sweetly). Original butt stock- no tang cracks, but a collection of dents common to guns of this age. Locks up tightly. Someone along the line re-lined the barrel and chambered it for .25-20 WCF- minty crisp bore. 24 7/8" barrel length. Barrel finish is a smooth "blue patina"- I don't know how else to describe it.

The downside: The receiver evidently was rusted at some point and now exists with a fine etching from same. I don't feel it detracts- it kind of looks intentional- but that's my opinion! I was going to draw file it smooth if/when I got around to restoring it. Forend is not original- it came with the current wood that is not well fitted/shaped, but it is functional.

Sights are obviously non-original, but again are functional and will serve to plink with. My plans were to bypass the sights and go to a scope. New projects force me to sell old ones.

I bought it six months ago and have only test fired for function with a handful of factory cartridges, with which it performed as it should.

Along with the gun are a couple hundred (please don't make me count them!) cases, a small selection of various lead bullets, and a set of dies.

Price: $450+shipping, to include the dies, brass, bullets. Copy of FFL needed, unless you convince me it is pre-1898 (which I think maybe it is). Why so cheap? Condition is everything. Were it in fantastic shape in whatever its original caliber was, it would be a $1500+ rifle.

Paypal preferred, but will accept postal MO's and personal checks (which will have to clear before shipping)

I'm interested. Can I get more photos?
    Reece
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master
    PM's replied to.

Boolit Master
    Front and center!

Boolit Master

Good morning
    Well I have my ducks in a row... so if available I will buy this little beauty. PM follows..
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Home built Matchlock similar to what an early 1600 Colonial soldier might have.

Boolit Master
    Sold to Mike in Peru! Thank you!

Boolit Master
    Thanks to all who inquired.