MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wideners going out of business?

Boolit Master

Widner's was resently sold within the past year or two and moved to a new location I believe. This was real evident in product changes and pricing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    Widener's was resently sold within the past year or two and moved to a new location I believe. This was real evident in product changes and pricing.
    You are right about Stan selling the business but they are still at the same location they have been at for years. I don't know if they are in money trouble or not since I no longer buy from them like many of the other locals. Most of the old crew that worked there are long gone. They stopped in store pickups when the new owner took over and I absolutely refuse to pay haz mat fees, Tennessee sales tax and shipping when it's only 9 miles from my front door to theirs.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
    You are right about Stan selling the business but they are still at the same location they have been at for years. I don't know if they are in money trouble or not since I no longer buy from them like many of the other locals. Most of the old crew that worked there are long gone. They stopped in store pickups when the new owner took over and I absolutely refuse to pay haz mat fees, Tennessee sales tax and shipping when it's only 9 miles from my front door to theirs.

Seems they are going "Counter Trend"; Amazon and JC Pennies are exploring warehouses with Storefront "Pick-Up" as a business model for some cities.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

someone posted a thread on them a little while ago and the powder prices looked like a misprint. I'm surprised anything lasted this long.

I just got an email for the first sub $400 Ar's I've seen. New XD's, latest gen, under $350. Tanfaglio Witness's well under $300. If you waited to buy now is the time as the massive inventory is going to lead to many deals now that Hillary is not in the picture
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

I was holding off on buying some powder locally until I got my taxes done.
    I got them done and the powder went up 10$ a jug so I passed.
    I got to checking online and it's up everywhere like there is more demand not less.
    which there must be, since I can't find more than 2 jugs of anything the same anywhere.

Boolit Buddy
    They had primers on sale last weekend for $12/1000. Crazy deal. At that time they had lots of powders. I suspect folks loaded up for hazmat and depleted supply.

Being down to only two powders in stock is not people adding an extra jug or three to an order to get more bang from the hazmat fee. They said they were sold out of all but a couple of flavors. That says to me they were dumping their supply. Why no idea. Could be to free up cash from inventory, maybe a tax bill came due, could be due to not wanting to deal with powder and primers anymore. Time will tell why but getting down to only the couple of flavors was intentional.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Could be they are moving the warehouse or building a new one and don't want to transport the inventory.

Banned

^^^ That or a sale of the business is pending. It is, what it is.
    Last edited by jmort; 02-25-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Possibility here.......March 1 "floor tax" on inventory? California had that for a time, and businesses habitually cleared out inventory right after Christmas until late February--reported on inventory status for March 1--and stocked up afterward. Just a thought.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ever since the new owners, I have not done any business with them.
    They don't want any one from Hawaii/Alaska buying from them.
    I used to buy $3k to $4k a year.
    Friends here no longer buy from the either.
    Midway charges Hawaii handling fee on USPS flat rate box. What's up with that?????
    I no longer buy from them.

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't bought from them either. I was never given an answer about what happened to the photo they had of my drivers license. I was never happy about the old owner's policy requiring it to purchase powder and primers. But then they sell the business and no one has an answer about what happened to it.

Boolit Buddy
    I can't even find powder or primers at ALL on the website.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Ever since the new owners, I have not done any business with them.
    They don't want any one from Hawaii/Alaska buying from them.
    I used to buy $3k to $4k a year.
    Friends here no longer buy from the either.
    Midway charges Hawaii handling fee on USPS flat rate box. What's up with that?????
    I no longer buy from them.
    Hawaii Handling Fee? Last I checked, Hawaii was still in the USA. What is that for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12