Load DataRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers for a new career!

Boolit Buddy

I understand Blackwater. I currently work for federal land management agency here in Idaho. Over the past few years I have come to adopt a problem solving attitude as it relates to work. Every day my immediate supervisor and I ask ourselves, are we solving problems or are we creating them? It is a pain to deal with some federal employees I admit, but ultimately if things are to change good people have to learn to make things happen.

Thank you all for your prayers, kind words and encouragement! My teachers in school always told me that hunting, fishing, and trapping would never help me find a career. As it turns out, this sets me apart from other applicants. I am heartened to find an agency that values my lifestyle!

Moderator Emeritus

And thank YOU for being the kind of guy we need in gov't so much today! Gov't can do such great things. Why some insist on the other, I'll never understand.

Boolit Buddy

I am waiting to board my flight so I can complete the rest of the testing this week. Thank all of you again for your prayers and kind words!

Good luck, horsesoldier. Have a safe trip. Remember attitude is 99% of success.
    Prayers sent for a good week. You got this, bro.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy

Well, I didn't get the job. But I learned a bunch about this agency and career field. That experience will help me in the future. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by horsesoldier View Post
    Well, I didn't get the job. But I learned a bunch about this agency and career field. That experience will help me in the future. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them!!!
    Sorry I'm getting late to the game. But I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" and unanswered prayers.

I'm sure God has something else in mind.

Prayers sent and good luck to you, sir.

Moderator Emeritus

Well, Horsesoldier, I have to admit I'm disappointed. But your life may be like mine. I had plans and aspirations and dreams of what I might do and be able to achieve. But God had other plans for me, and He always wins out in the end, if we'll simply let Him lead us. Many of the most successful folks I know either can't or don't get what they want, and change to another path, and wind up being SO gifted in that area, that they wind up happier and more satisfied in life than they ever would have had they gotten what they thought they wanted. But you seem to be the kind of guy we need in that type of position. I can't help but wonder if that's why they didn't pick you. I've seen SO many times when totally incapable people were selected for promotion, totally because they could be "handled" from above. I have no idea if this was at work in your case, but I know better than to eliminate it as a possibility any time gov't is the entity doing the choosing. Maybe some of that will change, and maybe your field might see some "house cleaning" with the new admin. How long would that take, and how permanent would those changes be, though, none of us can know, even IF they occur.

Just go with God, wherever He leads, and you'll wind up where He knows you NEED to be. I've never see that err, and that's over a lifetime of observing things like this. Keep the faith, and keep on truckin'. SOMETHING is out there just waiting for you to come along. I admire your persistence and courage and determination. Those are all to rare commodities these days. God bless you, wherever He sends you.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you! Hope you are feeling better Blackwater!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Sorry you didn't get that job , I'm going with 308Jeff's thought . When a door is closed another will open . GOD is working in your life , let him lead .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12