Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: your health tip for every one

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I use a Dr. to alleviate my ill's. I do not self prescribe my own meds nor use herbs and old methods unless the Dr. says to.

This has worked well for me all my life.

Doing otherwise, I would not have survived polio, nor would I have been able to sew my own fingers on and not get an infection, nor survived cancer. Just to name a few.

My Dr. knows EVERYTHING I take for health and advises me as to what to eat.

After all, he is the one who went to school to help folks stay healthy, I did not!

Just my take on this subject, YMMV!

OH YA, I get a flu shot every year and have done so for 20+ years. Haven't gotten the flu or a cold since I can't remember when.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar in a glass of water will greatly reduce the pain from shingles. Don't know why, but my buddy who is a PA told me about this when my mother had the shingles. I told her about it, and it really reduced her discomfort.
    The enemy of good is better.

I got a shingles shot, so little to no worries.

Boolit Master
    jcwit, you've found what works for you and obviously have a great doc. Under your circumstances, a great or not so great doc is the difference between life and death. I've had only 3 doctors in my life that I might put your kind of trust in. You're blessed.

Worked in a hospital for a year and had my EMT cert. I've had enough medical education to when I need to see a professional. If I'm not sure I need to go see the doc, that's when I call and make an appt. or head for the ER. I never play a guessing game. One of the most important things to know when it comes to illness or injury is, symptoms can go from moderate to life threatening in very short order. As soon as you start wondering, "HMM, should I go see the doc", that's your signal to go in without delay. Never guess, don't tell yourself, "I'll wait and see".
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    jcwit, you've found what works for you and obviously have a great doc. Under your circumstances, a great or not so great doc is the difference between life and death. I've had only 3 doctors in my life that I might put your kind of trust in. You're blessed.

Worked in a hospital for a year and had my EMT cert. I've had enough medical education to when I need to see a professional. If I'm not sure I need to go see the doc, that's when I call and make an appt. or head for the ER. I never play a guessing game. One of the most important things to know when it comes to illness or injury is, symptoms can go from moderate to life threatening in very short order. As soon as you start wondering, "HMM, should I go see the doc", that's your signal to go in without delay. Never guess, don't tell yourself, "I'll wait and see".
    So true, so true.

Sorta like saying/thinging to yourself, "If I'm REAL careful, I can do this without hurting myself." STOP-STOP right there, you've already gone far enough!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    so true, so true.

Sorta like saying/thinging to yourself, "if i'm real careful, i can do this without hurting myself." stop-stop right there, you've already gone far enough!
    Precisely!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Found this out the hard way after years of bad habit.
    Don't eat or drink ( except water) 2-3, 4 better, hours before bed time if possible. Acid reflux, heart burn can cause damage. Sleep slightly elevated.
    Many who suffer from reflux probably have sodas, beer before bed. Eat late meals.
    Sleeping slightly elevated will keep the acid from coming up into the esophagus, or mouth.
    Too much of this over time can cause cancer of the esophagus which seems to becoming more popular over the last decade.

Mr. Johnson, Thank you for starting this thread and I appreciate all your advice and tips. I will do my part in research the tips I'm most interested in.

Some of us are quick to jump on a new vitamin or drug they advertise on tv but good information passed on by good folks is scorned at.

Thank you again, God Bless and stay healthy friend.

Mike

One pill of Omeprazole, aka the purple pill, thaks care of any and all acid reflux! Haven't had a problem in years.

Boolit Master
    This thread should be made into a "sticky". It would be a shame if the knowledge set out here should become "lost in the crowd" so to speak.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    One pill of Omeprazole, aka the purple pill, thaks care of any and all acid reflux! Haven't had a problem in years.
    JC, I was on Prilosec but again bad habits take their toll on you. All my daytime heartburn was gone, but night time food and drink, coming up into my throat at night was not good.

I'm on protonix ( generic is pantoprazole) now works real well. But since I have no flapper valve anymore, everything comes up unless I sleep elevated. Can never be flat or will choke. Small price to pay compaired to the alternative.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus

I found that 1 Omeprazole [Prilosec, aka Losec?] alternating with 3 of the 150 mg strength Zantac not the otc 75 were not enough to keep my esophagus from bleeding and after 3 years turned to surgery. {Nissen Fundoplasty]. I now take tums 5-6 times a year. Glad it worked for you but we are all different.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Get off your caboose and walk at least a mile without stopping 4 or 5 times a week. The cheapest form of exercise you can ever do and you can do it anywhere anytime.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-08-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    East Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Get off your caboose and walk at least a mile without stopping 4 or 5 times a week. The cheapest form of exercise you can ever do and you can do it anywhere anytime.
    Wish I could, I need to use a walker at theleast and a wheel chair at the most. Like MT Gianni says, we re all different!
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-08-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I wanted to add all the wisdom about health management that I have acquired over the last 62+ years, if you don't mind.

I have always made sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and take a multi-vitamin everyday. I never smoked and only drink alcohol very occasionally. Never ate a great deal of sweets. Worked out and hiked a great many miles over wooded, rough terrain to keep my heart, lungs and legs in excellent shape.

Did it help??? Well after having cancer three times, I guess the best I can say is it made me strong enough to survive two terminal diagnoses. According to my oncologists, I have no lifestyle or environmental risks that led to my cancers...just lucky, I guess.

In my experience, the best you can do is try to avoid risky behavior. Eventually the clock is going to run out on all of us...nobody gets out of here alive.

Perm-Banned
    375supermag. that was a very good health hint. thanks. i dont know if ive wrote this before as i cant remember all the hints ive posted here. forgive me if this is a repeat. pine pollen,FRACTURED, read all you can about it and consider it as a supplement in your daily routine. when i have asked guys who take it daily there comments were this. to sum it up. they feel like a rutting goat. also do research on pine tea, made from all parts of the pine tree. you may want to consider that also.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567