WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ingot moulds.

Boolit Master

Ingot moulds.

I know that many people are always on the lookout for good ingot moUlds.

I received this mould today and gave it a try. The ingots of COWW weigh just a hair over 1 lb. They are just a bit over 6" long.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not bad for an 8 cavity mould. $12.95
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Very nice. Thanks!

Boolit Man
    Dang, I wish I would have found that earlier this week. I just purchased this https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L8CB3-C.../dp/B00063RXK6
    They cast at a little under 2# each. They make nice looking ingots though. I may have to buy that smaller mold for different alloys. Good find. Here are the ingots the muffin pan casts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ingots.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	188770

Boolit Master

Thanks guys. I took a chance on it and it works well. About half the price of a true "ingot mold". Now I just need to beg SWMBO to let me order another half dozen or so of them.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

Perma-Banned
    I have 2 brand new little 10 Pound Cast iron RCBS lead pots i got at a Garage sale stil in the box, lead sticks in them bad, after cooled down you can NOT get the lead block to drop from them! I thought about slicking them up with a Wire Wheel, but its really a non issue since i didnt get them to use as an ingot mold, i use a Lyman for that

Boolit Grand Master

Those Lyman type molds are nice but are expensive. I agree, you need a few more. If you smelt in very large batches you will spend lots of time waiting on one to cool. I'm very hesitant to try cooling a hot mold with wet towels, it would just bother me.

Boolit Buddy

OK TexasGrunt , every time I read some of your post It cost me money LOL, I ordered my baskets from Bed Bath and Beyond, now this , those are cheaper than Lyman molds
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Sorry

I'd like to see your 1911 collection. Especially your .38 SPL and .38 AMU.
    Semper Fi!

Boolit Master

Fun gun in 38 Special

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I bought one like that, from campus surplus. When full it's HOT.

Dang you. Just ordered 2. Be here just in time to pour the wheel weights I picked up today!

Boolit Buddy

well thats 2 that I dont have , I have 9 right now , Im just collecting the newest production guns,
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Just took a look on theUK Amazon site, £75

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wagner-1164...nd+Sausage+Pan

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I know that many people are always on the lookout for good ingot moUlds.

I received this mould today and gave it a try. The ingots of COWW weigh just a hair over 1 lb. They are just a bit over 6" long.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not bad for an 8 cavity mould. $12.95

Boolit Master

No one has warned you yet to mark that mold Lead Only, so in the future it will not be used for food and poison someone with lead!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

My TexasGrunt molds will be here tomorrow. Got a pot of COWWs all ready for 'em.

Boolit Grand Master

54Bore, Some of those pots sides are angled and are bigger at the bottom than at the top making it hard to get solid lead out. It will spin and turn but not raise up. Just polishing may not help much. I have a 30 lb pot I use for test alloys that's like that.

Rec'd mine from Amazon today so I quickly got 'em outside to try them out.

Looks like they gotta be hotter than post #6263 in Today's random off topic innerweb traffic generator to mold well, so I'll give them a good preheat before I try again tomorrow. Perfect size mold, for sure.

Boolit Master

Hmm... I did my first pour at room temp and they worked quite well. By the third pour I had to cool them off as the lead was taking 20-30 seconds to set. Are you pouring from a bottom pour? I was using my Rowell out of my smelting pot.
    Semper Fi!