Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for prayers!

Asking for prayers!

Not for me, all is well with me.

But my shooting buddy, he is in a bad way.

Heard that he spent the weekend in the hospital, flu and blood clots in his lungs.

He stopped by sunday night after they released him. He looked like he had aged 40 years in 4 days. He needed blood thinners, meds were supposed to be covered. But pharmacy that was open wanted 22$ before they would give them too him.

So I gave him a 50$ and sent him on his way.

2 days later on the phone he sounded worse. Was on his way back to the Hospital.

So I prayed for him.

Yesterday I called around noon, he sounded 80, and we talked a few minutes and I did some Reiki over the phone. I heard after that he was able to eat some lunch and walk a little bit.

This man has had nothing but bad luck and worse luck as long as I have known him.
    His 12 and 10 year old step daughters said that he was abusing them. He had to leave his wife, his home, his stuff and walk away. Well his wife came to me first and we pawned his guns, and I made him a rather substantial loan. Then he came to stay for a couple of weeks, then he found a cheap place to live.

I walked through that 2 years of hell with him. He'd never hurt those kids.
    But everyone who knew him knew. Ohhh how he suffered.

Acquitted in court eventually he got parts of his life back. His trailer and lot were lost to not being able to make the payments while everything else broke.

Two years later his wife left for someone she met online.

Two years after that he had a kid slam up against his door so hard that it popped open. Kid was so drunk he could not talk. When my buddy Vern told him to leave he cocked a fist and hit him in the head

Vern said "Get out now, or I'll get the shotgun" Kid hit him in the head again.

So he grabbed the shotgun, and the kid grabbed the barrel. At that point he knew it was him or the kid, so he pulled the trigger.

Kid squealled, ran out, down the stairs, into an other apartment he had been in that night and kicked out of, curled up in a corner and died.

And Vern Allen went through hell again.
    They took every gun, every loaded round. Left him defenseless. Local TV station showed first a street corner with 2 street signs, then an apartment complex, then the stairs, then the door with Apt 2 on it.

So any idiot could have walked right up to his door.

The PTSD was bad for a while, then he was diagnosed as suffering from Bipolar.

He has been struggling to make ends meet, but his Copenhagen Habit has not been helping. He's living in a 2 bedroom apartment, and the roommate he found is not paying his rent and the back rent he owes him.

He has a good heart but he is downtrodden and has no real faith.

I am afraid that he is full of cancer, and that I will be losing him soon.
    I don't have many real friends. I do not tolerate fools or idiots.

I would appreciate any prayer any of you can send up.

His name is Vern Allen, and he is 9 years younger than me, middle 50's.
    And he is melting down in front of my eyes. And he won't hear the gospel, won't listen to the Lord. And he is SCARED!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I will pray for him . Hopefully he can get well and get his life on track .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Praying for you and yours, and your buddy Vern , God Bless!!

Boolit Master
    Sincere Prayers for Love, Mercy, Faith, Hope, Redemption, and Wisdom... Some People have hard lives, Lord... Mercy and Hope please... Amen

Mercy to you, too, GhostHawk... Doing the right thing is not always easy...

Wow Ghost. That is sure a hand full, indeed. Praying for Vern, for his healing and his redemption. Praying for you too, brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Banned

Praying
    May he accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior and may his health be restored

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus

Sincere prayers up for both of you. You're a real friend. Not many have even one friend like you. I've been very blessed to have a number of them - the kind of guys who'd get out of bed at 3:00 am. to bail you out of jail and never ask what charges they were holding you on - only how you were doing. Vern is a VERY lucky guy! And with the bipolar thing, there's probably not much you can do unless he'll take the meds for it, but of course, I understand and approve that you have to at least try.

And take some solace in the fact that many who are bipolar and some other mental conditions, do NOT always state what's really inside them, and at least sometimes, say what they believe, sometimes incorrectly, will evoke what they want and expect you to do for them. I wish I could tell you how to handle that part of it, but it'll always be a try and see proposition.

But prayer sometimes literally works wonders, and a lot of very real Christians are in this to help, and God always answers prayers. Not always in the way we want them to be answered, of course, but in the way that He knows is best, all things considered. I wish we knew 1% of what God does! But meeting the challenges and opportunities we get in life makes us what we are, and what we become over time. Thanks for being a friend to a man who probably desperately needs a real frind. Things like that truly matter, and they often matter an awful lot. Your kindness and steadfastness will, at the bare minimum, reward you in ways we'd all likely be amazed at one day. Keep the faith, even if he can't come to faith right now, or ever. If nothing else, it'll change you for the better.

Boolit Master

Vern is added to our prayer list.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent for recovery and salvation.

Moderator Emeritus

Father I come to You asking for grace, comfort, and healing for Vern Allen. He is suffering and his life is going from bad to worse. Please walk with Vern and support him through this really rough patch of his life. Reveal Your love to Vern and carry him in your arms as he is attempting to cure his problems. Amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Called him today, he was going to be released but he has been violently ill while in the Hospital.
    Doc's say a nasty flu bug, and combined with blood clots in his lungs. That one worry's me.

He has had a brush with cancer before, he had his thyroid removed because of it. I warned him then gently that he needed to find a way to taper off the Copenhagen and quit. I fear he has been using more not less.

Anyway after we talked a bit he said he wanted to ask a big favor. He got sick last night on himself, got puke all over his jeans. They would not release him like that. So he needed clean clothing.

I reminded him that A I don't have a key to your place. B while I know what block it is in, I have never been there, nor inside.

But I told him I'd find a way around it.

So at 3 I was there, carrying a grocery bag with a large clean set of sweat suit bottoms, an XL tee shirt, and clean socks and skivvy's.

Did not stay long, checked that he had a way home. Gave him some hell about not taking care of himself. And reminded him that when he gets home he needs to make a GO bag with one clean change of clothing.

I know for a fact that he has panic attacks in the shower, small confined places freak him out.
    But the wide open spaces are no better, he is not comfortable outside anymore either.

He is comfortable at his apartment, and my house, maybe his daughters place.

Thank you guys, I knew I could count on you.
    Somehow someway somewhere somebody will find a way to reach him.

He has been doing fair on the bipolar meds, but they tend to push them hard on the Lithium which turns them into zombies of a sort. What used to be a rough game of idea catch, throwing things back and forth, figuring out how to overthrow the world or blow something up. Turned into a 3 minute delay before I got an answer back.

Been up and down but it is a little like watching a bug get flushed down the toilet. You see it going around and around and know, one more half of a revolution and that bug is out of sight, gone for good.

Been watching him spiral down for some time now. I'll admit it, I'm scared. If it can happen to him it can happen to anyone.

Thanks again guys, I really have no one else I can talk about this with other than the Big Guy upstairs. Who btw told me by way of my wife that he will be with him when the end comes. That it will be ok. That he won't be lost.

I know he takes care of those unable to take care of themselves.

Hard to see, eyes full of tears. Bless you, each and every one of you. God Bless you and thank you.

Boolit Grand Master
    GH,
    I am more concerned about you.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    GH,
    I am more concerned about you.
    Amen to that.

Boolit Master

Will continue to pray for him and you.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Guys I am ok. True I am hurting some. But I have a loving wife, a forum full of brothers here, and the Lord is with me.

Mostly it is hard to watch him going through all this. I miss my friend and shooting buddy.
    But he has been sliding away for over 3 years now. All that is happening now is just bringing it home to me that I am going to be without a good local friend at some point in the future. So I am grieving before he is gone.

Thank you guys for all the love and concern. I tell you truly, It is well with my soul.

It is my heart that is hurting, and I am well used to that. Comes with the territory.

It was Vern and I that managed to update the house electrical system. Pulled out 3 small daughter boxes with screw in fuses and slipped in a single 200 A modern fusebox with breakers. Rewired the whole house pretty much. (was a crazy mixup of new wiring connected to old knob and tube)

It was Vern and I that put the new roof on 14 years ago.

The plumbing was all mine, but if there was electricity involved Vern was in it up to his elbows.

Man had a knack for making sense of spaghetti.

What is, is, man has not died yet, he may be just having a bad bout with the flu.

I'm fine guys, I guess maybe you don't realize how much of an effect you have had on a place until something like this happens and you see those you love and respect rally round to help.

Love you guys!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord you have heard ghost cry for mercy and salvation for Vern send your Holy Spirit to convict and bring vern to Christ and give ghost the words and guidance to be your voice here.
    This Lord is one only you can heal and we ask you to reveal the truth to vern.
    Amen

Amen, Jim.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Thanks guys. Tried to call today, went to voice mail. Not a good sign IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast