RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite thing to shoot at the range?

My latest is balloons..... Bought the daughter (9) a 10/22 for Christmas, and I've found balloons to be the best ever for building confidence. The more she hits....the smaller I blow them up. She LOVES it!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    When I am shooting out on the farm I like 4 inch long pieces of 2X4 lumber. 4x4x4 is good also.

The pieces jump around well on the ground and when they break up make good smaller targets. When tossed into a stock tank they can be blown up into the air and all the pieces float making secondary targets. The wood is biodegradable. If you want to pick it up you can toss it into a fire leaving no mess.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Years ago I use to shoot in bowling pin matches , and won a few with a mod 29 smith, went in one of our LGS a couple of weeks ago and they had a chit load of pins , so I had to but a big box of them so now im in to that again , going to try and organize a match or two here this spring and see if we can get that going again. It was a lot of fun back in the day.
    Ask at you local bowling alley. The last time I asked I left with a pickup truck full of boxed up used bowling pins, free. We still have some at the club.

Boolit Buddy

Thats where these came from our Alley closed and I guess the gun shop bought them all
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Dead appliances. I have a washing machine and an upright freezer a quarter mile away in the corner of the field. We hit them with 22-250, 6mm Dasher, 6.5 Creedmore, and 25-06 yesterday. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Grand Master

WE have made a board to hold the neco candy wafers they make a great target for kids and adults both. A 1X4 X 8-12" long with 2 rows of holes drilled just deeper than the thickness of the wafers and the same dia for a slip fit works well. Turn to dust when hit. Asprin tablets are the same only a more demanding target. A pice of paper with a little honey or mollassas and shoot the flies that it attracks. Golf balls can be a lot of fun chasing them around the yard.

Boolit Master

Shot a few animal crackers with my daughter this weekend. Also a piece of anthracite. That was cool but I would rather waster animal crackers than my coal.
    I like the ideas on here. Im going to try necco wafers next along with the sidewalk chalk. That should keep her smiling.

The horrible tasting little barrel shaped bottles of dollar store koolaid. My wife and I have alot of fun with those. Makes a nice little splash, and she hits them more often than I do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    In the summer I like to put a little bit of honey on an 8" plate at about 100yds. Then I wait for a fly to land on it.

Then I shoot it's wings off.

One at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    1" orange dots
    Love it when I center punch them at 100 yards.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Love it when I center punch them at 100 yards.

Slim
    It's a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    In the summer I like to put a little bit of honey on an 8" plate at about 100yds. Then I wait for a fly to land on it.

Then I shoot it's wings off.

One at a time.
    Wings hell, I neuter them

Boolit Master

There is a place for shooting paper targets to hone your shooting skills ! a reaction type target is # 1 for fun !

When I go to the range I usually start out shooting at least 50 rounds of 22 lr with precision then move up to the big bores with 25 rounds of precision and then I shoot fast with precision with handguns , hardly shoot rifles but my favorite is a Marlin LA in 357 mag with a aimpoint shooting off hand.

In the cooler months in PA I shoot 50" indoor pistol bullseye and in the warmer months I shoot outdoor handgun speed steel plates almost every Tuesday throught the year, not counting my almost every sunday shooting sessions with my shootn bud , indoor or outdoor.

Boolit Master
    i like shooting my ZATNIKTEL ....first shot stuns, 2nd shot kills and 3rd shot disintegrates!
    Attachment 189438

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Growing up I killed a lot of beer bottles. First you get to drink em, then you get to shoot em.

I hope not on the same day...if so that is pretty scary and one of the many reasons I refuse to shoot around other people.
    I'm inclined to knock the bottom out of a sixer myself. Might even shoot up the leftovers....but never together.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    i like shooting my ZATNIKTEL ....first shot stuns, 2nd shot kills and 3rd shot disintegrates!
    Attachment 189438
    I heard the quality on these has gone downhill since Remington took over manufacturing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    I heard the quality on these has gone downhill since Remington took over manufacturing.
    mine is from goa'uld manufacturing!

Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    Attachment 189438
    Jaffa Kre!

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I like shooting my repro 1842 springfield .69 cal smoothbore. at 50 yds, I can hit a pie pan, and 75 yards, somewhere on a silo target.. maybe shoulder, maybee hip.. maybe chest... just somewhere.

I like shooting milk jugs with hollow points falling steel plates and bowling pins

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast