MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite thing to shoot at the range?

What is your favorite thing to shoot at the range?

When I go to the range to shoot I like to hone my skills, but, after shooting targets I get a little bored. I like to shoot the steel targets, too. I find the diversion is helpful. What do you like to shoot at?

Boolit Master
    I go to the dollar store and get the packs of kids sidewalk chalk. The sticks are about an inch in diameter and four inches long. I break them in half and set them up as targets. They make such pretty colored poofs when hit.

Cutting 2x4's in half is fun. Bowling pins can be a lot of fun also. both done with handguns.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Banned

clay pigeons.

Boolit Buddy

pumpkins, steel targets, potoatoes, and I have a couple of the orange self sealing targets that roll on the ground.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master

Attachment 188702 i like to shoot my steel knock overs at a 100 yards with my 22 rifle
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Bullets. Lead and the other type. But generally, I shoot bullets.

I can not know what I don't know.

In Remembrance

Guns of course!
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    Golf balls are fun with 22RF or 22 center fire with cast. Set at 65 yards on my range when hit dead center they really take off. I will find them later with the mower.

My favorites are gallon milk jugs full of water. They leave no doubt about hits. In winter I add a little bit of kool aid or food color then freeze them outside. That way you will see them against the snow. The frozen block jug will take many hits from a 30-06.

Boolit Master
    Well I shoot USPSA, 3-Gun, and some IDPA. I really, really enjoy USPSA and 3-Gun and the IDPA is just additional trigger time. We obviously shoot lots of paper targets but the arrays of various steel is the most fun. Really like the authoritative ring when a round smacks steel! Some are a real challenge to hit fast and accurately like spinners, Texas stars, polish plate racks, etc.

Not for competition but at the home range, the .22 sensitive tannerite, couple table spoons worth dropped into aluminum foil and squeezed into a tight ball is a lot of fun! The .22 stuff is much more powerful and makes a tremendous boom with small amounts which gives you more bangs for your buck. As a plus the aluminum foil is somewhat combusted in the detonation and can produce a very bright flash! Give it a try!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Perma-Banned A.K.A Castmast
    lib-tards, communists, marxists, illegals, violent criminals

I like to shoot empty shotgun shells with 22rf. Either put them on tree limbs, or the tops of tall weed stalks, Or, shoot them on the ground. Because they balance off center, there is no telling where they might go when hit on the ground.

I also like the traditional tin can. And sometimes, wood blocks or cubes 1.5x1.5

Banned

we play the little kid games.
    battleship, or the race car game, etc.
    if you have 2-4 people it adds a lot of fun, and the BS talking increases by 500%.
    you can buy the targets at many gun stores and maybe walmart or midway.
    they are good for training kids too because it places the focus on one shot one target.

Boolit Grand Master

Steel swingers. Can't use most of the fun stuff at most of the ranges I belong to

Boolit Buddy

Years ago I use to shoot in bowling pin matches , and won a few with a mod 29 smith, went in one of our LGS a couple of weeks ago and they had a chit load of pins , so I had to but a big box of them so now im in to that again , going to try and organize a match or two here this spring and see if we can get that going again. It was a lot of fun back in the day.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master
    A dueling tree is fun and does not need resetting. I bought one for my home range.
    Don Verna

Growing up I killed a lot of beer bottles. First you get to drink em, then you get to shoot em.

A dozen bottles and a few rounds of .22lr will make even the worst day better.

Nowdays I accept that killing bottles is messy. Better to recycle them and shoot some paper or steel.

Two days ago I hung a coin the size and shape of one of our nickels on my airgun target.
    One shot broke the string and turned that thing from flat to cone shape. And that was an airgun.

Made a wonderful ringing tinging sound as it bounced around my bullet catch.

Might have to do that again.

Usually just my confidence.

1" orange dots

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast