Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Lee Pro 1000 case ejector upgrade

Lee Pro 1000 case ejector upgrade

Here's a neat looking plastic Lee Pro 1000 case ejector.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	188690

http://demetersworkshop.com/products...ector-Mod.html

I'd be happy to spend $4 to get one, but of course he doesn't ship to Australia!

It is also available on eBay, but adding over $20 in shipping makes it no bargain.

The design files are here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1719298 if you have a 3D printer, which I don't.

So I thought if I could convert the stl file to a dxf or dwg file, I could print out a full scale paper version and cut one out of a piece of plastic.

I don't have any sophisticated drawing/modelling programs, so I tried a number of converters, but I have had no success in creating a workable dxf file.

So if anyone can convert the stl file into a dxf file for me, I would really appreciate it.

Don't worry about converting the file, I kept trying and ended up using a DOS (remember that?) program to do it. Success!!

Boolit Master

That does look pretty sweet. I would've loved to help you out Nobrat but my computer skills top out at emails.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    I just took 5 minutes to bend a piece of coat hanger wire to that shape and pinched it under that screw like the Lee straight wire...done

Name:	EjckWire.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	188706
    Last edited by Kenstone; 02-22-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    I just took 5 minutes to bend a piece of coat hanger wire to that shape and pinched it under that screw like the Lee straight wire...done
    Yeah I did the same.

Name:	Lee Wire.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	188780

But it's almost as chintzy as the original Lee piece of fencing wire!

Besides, I like to tinker and look forward to opportunities to use the modelling software, as I now no longer work with it on a daily basis.

Anyhoo, I was able to create the model and have printed it on paper. Seems to be OK as here it compares pretty well to my piece of fencing wire.

Name:	Lee Wire check.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	188781

I've made a pdf file of the printout; if you are interested, you can get it here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Ejector.pdf

Print it out at 100% scale and it should work. There is a 1" scale on it to check your lengths.

Cut it out and stick it to sheet of plastic, or aluminium if you are keen, and cut around the line.

It's not exactly high end design work, but it was fun nonetheless.

Boolit Buddy
    looks interesting

Boolit Master
    I actually have a Pro 1000 that i bought solely for use as a depriming machine. That made for a few challenges since the press is designed to spit out loaded cartridges, not light weight, short empty casings. I needed a more forceful ejector for one. What i created is easily replicated with some piano wire which is what I used and widely available. I replaced the factory ejector wire with a longer one bent into an S-curve to begin ejection sooner, made of same diameter wire as original and mounted the same. Piano wire is more springy. The 2nd was an additional lighter gauge piano wire bolted to the case feeder hole bent to a 90° so that as the case enters the ejection slot it preloads this wire as it rotates further and when the primary wire (described above) slips the case free of the shellplate the tension in the secondary ejector wire flicks the case down the slide into a collection box. It works pretty good overall. I did do some additional polishing of the ram platform and clearance to accommodate empty brass running through it.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Looks like the demeterworkshop.com site is one of the ones that copy designs off a website and sell it (perfectly legal as the designs are being shared with the "not for profit" restrictions). However, if you have access to a 3D printer, you can download the file needed to print that piece here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1719298 and when you print it yourself, it will probably cost you 75 cents.

I picked up a aluminum piece someone was selling on ebay a while back. Much improved the ejection on my press. I think they quit selling them shortly after though.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    Here is a picture of the very simple ejector setup I came up with. It should work just fine for loaded cartridges too.

I don't have the LEE case feeder setup on it, don't care for it at all so i have been just dropping the brass in the slider at full stroke by hand. I am replicating the Dillon case feed mechanism for the P1000 and making an electric feeder/collater. As mentioned, I am using it as a depriming machine so i can quickly process brass on through. Sorry about the photo orientation, its not uploading the same as I took the picture.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170421_023338.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	193715
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170421_021930.jpg  
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed