RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cougar & hunter micro pistol master revistied

Boolit Master

Cougar & hunter micro pistol master revistied

i have recently been in contact with member That have this machine. All seem to be in some sort of problems. . I am posts my Photo's again. Can any member who have a machine Please post there photo and try to have an In depth discussion. to solve some machine problems
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Be careful loading with that machine if you ever get it running right. A friend of mine blew up his K38 next to me shooting PPC with his reloads on a Cougar Hunter. I personally don't know anything about them but it looks very similar to my CH Auto Champs. Good luck.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    Be careful loading with that machine if you ever get it running right. A friend of mine blew up his K38 next to me shooting PPC with his reloads on a Cougar Hunter. I personally don't know anything about them but it looks very similar to my CH Auto Champs. Good luck.
    I would like to know why it was the machine's fault.

Blow ups happen with Dillon, Hornady, Lee, Redding, and probably every and any production press ever made.

It's up to the nut behind the handle to inspect every round he produces during and after the reloading process.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Cougar & Hunter Micro Pistol Master inline press

Hi Sal,
    Here's mine as you have seen. Looks like mine is complete, only missing the primer follower rod and came with some spare parts. I believe mine also has the 9mm and 45ACP conversion. For anyone who is looking for the manual, I have the instructions and included powder bushing chart but they do not include a schematic.
    Robert

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	188730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1121.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	188732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Message_1486420941343.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	188733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Message_1486420885865.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	188731

Boolit Master

I would like to know why it was the machine's fault.
    I did not say it was the machines fault, I told him to be careful. The C&H machine that my friend owned had many problems with the advance mechanism. In the process of clearing these problems repeatedly he said he evidently missed a double charge or more. If you are focused on clearing advance problems you could lose sight of other items that come back to bite you.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    . It's always the machine Fault. The machine made me do it. . Poor loading. Looking to get back to topic
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    I did not say it was the machines fault, I told him to be careful. The C&H machine that my friend owned had many problems with the advance mechanism. In the process of clearing these problems repeatedly he said he evidently missed a double charge or more. If you are focused on clearing advance problems you could lose sight of other items that come back to bite you.
    My apologies sir.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Mold
    Can you share copies of the manual? Instructions? I just bought the press off eBay set up for .38spl. Only one bushing and no other info. Bushing drops 2.7gr WW231. Seems to work well.

Boolit Master
    So you purchased The machine . I was planing To bid But I did not
    Send Me a pm with Your direct email. I have it In My File
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwoz View Post
    Can you share copies of the manual? Instructions? I just bought the press off eBay set up for .38spl. Only one bushing and no other info. Bushing drops 2.7gr WW231. Seems to work well.
    Hi there,
    Which one did you purchase? There were 2 on there recently at different times. I have several spare bushings/instructions/schematic and the bushing chart if needed.

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	213870
    Last edited by Cougar Hunter; 02-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Cougar Hunter, I bought the one just listed a couple of weeks ago. I did see one in Dec. 2017. Like I said it came with only one bushing. I like to get bushings that get 3.0-3.1gr WW231 (.38 spl target load) up around 5.5+gr WW231 (>38 spl +P load). The bushings would interest me. Would save on fabricated them.

gwoz,
    Excellent score. These are very interesting and scarce tools to say the least. If you don't receive the operating instructions or the bushing chart let me know although Sal is a great guy to have your back. You can email me at: hotrod1984s10@hotmail.com
    In the mean time I'll have a look at what bushings I have to see what will work for you.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

It's not often I see a thread about cougars without pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

gwoz,
    I only have 2 bushings that would fit your needs. A "194" (3.2g W231) and a "199" (3.5g W231). My press is set up for .357 although I have the 9mm & 45ACP conversion for it. I have a "209" (3.8g W231) bushing in the press and I find that it's really 3.7g W231 so if you want the "194" it's probably closer to 3.0g-3.1g W231. Here's a pic of the bushing chart:

Name:	20170208_205149_resized.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	213926

Boolit Master
    In the past Few Days I have been Converting my C&H machine to 38 smith & wesson. As i stated before I am having a Problem with My priming system over Seating Depth. The second problem as always was the availability Of Powder Bushing
    I found the use of Hornady Pistol Bushing is a Good Fit Loose but close. . I was able to Wrap 1 turn of Teflon Tape and The bushing was a snug Fit. The only Bushings I had were for 357 mag but I did drop very close charge with 10 drops
    My next attempt would be a Star Bushing . . I do have Star bushing coming from Star machine works. . I will wait and See
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Mold
    Hello guys,

I am a new member here but I have been reloading for over half a century. I just yesterday found out what I acquired from a friend about a year ago. It is a Cougar and Hunter press. I took a couple of pictures of it but I am having trouble uploading them to my computer. The press is pretty much complete although the powder reservoir is destroyed. Apparently it was in a fire. The fire didn't damage the metal parts but the plastic powder hopper is history. I would like to get this thing up and running although I have more efficient machinery including a Dillon XL 650. I will upload pictures of my press as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Welcome to the Forum!
    If you are able to post pic's, that would be great. If not I can post them for you if you can't figure out the process. You can email them to me at: hotrod1984s10@hotmail.com
    I use my Cougar & Hunter to load .357 Magnum and it runs pretty good. I would recommend not priming on this tool, but thats me. The primers are pushed through a unshielded channel under the shell plate, not the best design in my opinion. Not many of these tools out there to begin with, and fewer that are actually complete and being used. They are clunky and loud, but seem to work pretty good. There is a solution if your plastic powder hopper is damaged. Here's a pic of mine, and I still have the original but somewhat mangled plastic powder hopper with original foil Cougar & Hunter logo.

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	250043

Boolit Master

Cougar & hunter micro pistol master revistied

The Tapatalk app is extremely simple for posting pics. Even a Computertard such as me can do it!

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    I must say That Is a very hansom " Ransom"
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I must say That Is a very hansom " Ransom"
    Thanks Sal, not too many folks know what that is.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast