Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What mould for .32acp?

Boolit Master
    Outpost, thank you very much. I have been wanting something like this for my pp for a long time. I am looking forward to your article in the fouling shot!

Boolit Master
    Outpost, that's a great write-up, you've obviously done a lot of work that we can benefit from.

I have that NOE Ranch Dog mold and like it. Very accurate in my CZ-70 over 231 and BE (I wanna say about 2.4 gr.). I was thinking of casting some Lee 93 gr. RN to try. I've read that it shoots well.
    Anyone?

Boolit Master
    TBG, if you are interested in a budget minded project, here it is. Buy a Lee 311-100-2R mold. Deliver it to your favorite machine shop. Have them mill off the bottom full diameter band and the lube groove immediately above it. This will leave you with a single lube groove and a square base full diameter band below it. Now the mold will drop boolits that weigh 78 grains +/- based on your alloy. Size. lube, shoot. This boolit feeds up reliably and groups on par with factory RN ammo.

In an earlier attempt at this project I used a Lee 311-93-1R mold. Poor results. The mold now throws 70 grain +/- boolits. However, if all of the lube groove is seated inside the case mouth the COL is too short to provide reliable feeding. If you want reliable feeding the lube band (and lube) will have to be above the case mouth and exposed to the world. Not a happy solution. I have retained this second mold for the variety it offers, also perhaps for revolver use in spite of having a slightly undersize diameter. Now, did someone mention Beagling this mold? Hmmmmmmmm. I included info on this mold to help others avoid the issues I had with mine.

Thanks to all, especially Outpost for the data & bullets; bzcraig for PC bullets, and others for your suggestions. I have my dies & brass ready; this weekend I will make more brass from shooting factory ammo up in my 1972 PP. Best, Thomas.

I have the mold from MP when they had there group buy on it and works great in my Keltec.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master
    Outpost--I am back on board with the CBA.

I have yet to move on the 32 ACP project, but will be doing so shortly. You mentioned the swap of recoil springs in your 1903 Colts......what are your thoughts with a similar move in my 1965-made Walther PP? (380 recoil spring swap)
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Every time I talk myself out of wanting a 1903 Colt in .32 ACP, I read another of Outpost's threads and start thinking about it again. Well done sir.

Robert

Boolit Master
    So, NOE is having a sale. Does anyone know if the 75 grain Ranch Dog mold will feed through a North American Arms Guardian? Thanks. exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Sorry for late reply. Yes, my .32 ACP Walther PPs both have .380 recoil springs as does also my .32 ACP SIG P230.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    took out the first lube groove on a lee 93 grain ended up with a 65 grain bullet a tad short for my 32acp but worked great on 32sw. bought a 100 grain lee for 32 long and should have used that one to cut down it would have worked a lot better. cutting one down is easier than you might think. used a rough file to rough it in when close use emery cloth to finish . measure several spots across top and mark any high spots with a marker to help get it even. bought a rcbs 77grain rn mold after first one didnt work out.wish i had bought the other lee first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12