Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: GP100 .44 special has potential

GP100 .44 special has potential

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170220_145836.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	188557

25 yards Weaver. 429421 sized .431 8.0 power pistol.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Nice!

Perma-Banned

That looks fine to me...but based on what some clowns have said...that group is barely acceptable.
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 02-20-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Boolit Master
    That's about what I manage with my .357 GP100 at 15yd. Nice shooting!

Boolit Master

Nice!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I just got one today, so far it shows promise, the bore is .4295 and the chamber throats are all within .4305 to .4315. Hopefully I'll get to load for it this week and play with it over the weekend.
    "RCBS, Pacific, Lyman and many others furnish excellent dies and tools, but you must furnish the gray matter to produce perfect hand loads."

-Elmer Keith, Guns & Ammo, January 1982

Boolit Master
    Nice round group, no odd flyers. Looks around 2"? pretty darn good for off hand. I am guessing you would do a bit better off a rest, most shooters do, but not all. Then again, what does a clown like me know?

Spot on the target is 1.5". I measured the group at 2" with a tape measure; hardly precision. That load has shot well in 5 .44 special revolvers so far. It gets Skeeter load velocity at standard load pressures. I have magnums if I want to shoot hotter.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    I may end up with one of these eventually, and will keep your load in mind, as I use a lot of Power Pistol. The only .44 Spl I have is a 6" 624, but I haven't hardly shot it at all. I am sure you have favorite targets, but if you haven't already, try a fairly large "V". I find being able to aim at the point cuts a noticeable bit off my groups. If you get bored with your GP, let me know. It looks like Ruger got yours right

Boolit Buddy

Im waiting to see If the are going to offer it in a longer barrel , I dont like any revolver under 6 inches , Thats just me , different strokes for different folks , but they are nice firearms .
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

but come to think of it If Texas ever goes constitutional carry I would probably get one of the short one , I do like the 44 I have several
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com