I don't care what anyone says, I love the big boolits. The .44 performs with them. My first year allowed to use a revolver I had trouble with XTP's opening too fast on 3 deer. Stopped without penetrating the last inch. I seen them fall at over 60 yards and backtracking there was no blood on the ground. Yes they killed but my normal area to hunt has a deer out of sight in 1 or 2 jumps. Some bullets hold up better but the 240 XTP would be better from a special.
I went with the LBT 320 and POP, things changed right fast. 21.5 gr of 296, Fed 150 primer and I will never go back. SBH, SBH Hunter and SRH. The .44 comes alive with 300+ boolits.
Recoil? If you cant shoot a .44, there is not much else. I have shot too many other guns that are far worse even though smaller. Been beat with .357's and .41's. When I drop back to the .44, I wonder if it went off. I am not recoil sensitive at all and prefer to shoot the .500 JRH and up.
Fear is real with some even though we argue so they want to shoot a 320 at 800 fps, don't work! need a shade over 1300 fps, twist and spin. Center of elephant at 25 yards.