Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: uberti patterson colt

Perm-Banned

uberti patterson colt

saw one on the internet with a conversion cylinder and a case ejector on it.does anyone know who did that conversion? wasnt the howell or krist people. had to be a gunsmith who knows how to do it. there wasnt a word about who did it, just the cost of doing it. thanks before hand.

Boolit Master

uberti patterson colt

Got a link? I have never seen a Paterson with a conversion cylinder and an ejection rod. A number of people make conversion cylinders for various C&B revolvers, Howell, Krist, R&D. An ejection rod shouldn't be that complicated. My only question would be why? Uberti sells an 1851 transition revolver that comes already converted straight from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Perm-Banned
    there is something about a paterson colt and the design that i really like. sorry about the link. it just came up on image when i punched patter colt conversions in. reline the barrel to .357 and have a good conversion cylinder and a ejector rod and i think that is the gun of my dreams. shoot cowboy 38 special in it and it would be a dream for me. i have most of the rest of the uberti conversions. always wanted a paterson conversion since i saw a western when i was a kid that featured a young man who had one and took out a bunch of ssa bad guys with. they laughed at him and drew on him and ended up every dead in a very short time.

Boolit Master
    Was this the picture?

I believe ASM produced revolvers like this before they went under.

Perm-Banned
    yes that is it, and i will try to look up ams, and if you could help me as to who and what they are, thanks.

Boolit Master
    ASM was an Italian gun manufacturer. I don't think you will have much luck contacting them. Personally I would contact Mike Brackett over at Goons Gun Works. If he can't help you he might know who can.

Perm-Banned
    thanks, you have been very helpful.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    That looks like a faux Richards & Mason conversion. ASM made R & M conversions but I have never seen a Patterson conversion. I once passed on one of their '51 conversions that was in 38 special and kicked myself afterwards as it was a well made one with great fit/finish. ASM - Armi San Marco - now out of business. Their products could either be really nice or really bad - and I think a lot of that depended on which "cottage industry" in Italy was making the particular guns for
    ASM. Internals were usually "soft". I had a very nice ASM '60 Navy (made by them but marked CVA and sold through CVA) and at one time, took a '51 ASM in a trade deal that was a better boat anchor than it was a handgun. Not saying this one is a ASM though in the photo. If possible, an "in person" examination should provide you with markings and a date code.

A very interesting Patterson conversion and if you find anything definite on it - please share. If I wee to run across one likes anti was priced reasonable, I'd have no problem snatching it up just for the "oddity" of it being a Patterson conversion.

Perm-Banned
    to me the patterson is a beautiful gun, and to find a remake in a conversion would be a dream come true.

FYI, it's PaTerson, not PaTTerson.
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Perm-Banned
    when you go to a public meeting place a anal personality always shows up. when that one goes away, another one always replace them. thanks for reminding me im not one of you, makes my day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson1942 View Post
    when you go to a public meeting place a anal personality always shows up. when that one goes away, another one always replace them. thanks for reminding me im not one of you, makes my day.
    You're welcome. Maybe your search for a conversion cylinder will be more successful now that you can correctly spell the name of the revolver!
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member