RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Steyr m95 trigger

Boolit Mold

Steyr m95 trigger

Was wondering if there was anywhere to get a new sear spring for a m95 out there

Boolit Master
    Yes, parts availability for this rifle from Numrich is surprisingly good. I envy you, for I could use a replacement cocking piece and safety for mine, but recent developments mean they will no longer export them without a low to obtain and prohibitively expensive licence.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...197.htm?page=2

Incidentally this is one rifle with which nobody should do the classic trick of removing the first part of a military double pull. A ruptured primer can let gas into the hollow bolt, which will cleverly unlock itself. This is avoided by the first pull causing a lobe on top of the sear housing to rise up between two protruding knobbles on the bolt.

Good info from Scotland. Can some anonymously mailed parts make it to your shop? Hmmm.

Boolit Master
    That is the annoying part. Anything that doesn't bear gas pressure in firing isn't a gun part at all, in the UK, and neither is a barrel which isn't threaded or chambered. Both are totally free of controls, but recent legal changes in the US have made them very difficult to get out. Apparently
    either a decline or an increase in world terrorism would make them feel they have done right.

Someone must protect us from ourselves. We might repair a piece of history. As far as I know no such regulation applies to individuals in the USA except for receivers and live ammunition. If legal on my end & yours I'd gladly send parts to you. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Someone must protect us from ourselves. We might repair a piece of history. As far as I know no such regulation applies to individuals in the USA except for receivers a
    nd live ammunition. If legal on my end & yours I'd gladly send parts to you. Best, Thomas.
    That is a very kind offer, but someone else recommended Marstar in Canada (www.marstar.ca), and after waiting while they checked with Canada Post, an order is now on its way. I will take the thought for the deed.

Well done Thomas!
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

Thanks, Bill. Those M95s are such neat little carbines till you pull the trigger on the Nazi ammo I had. Ouch. I would love to rebarrel one to .30 Army like I've seen in these pages. Or 7.62 x54R. How do they do with cast in the original 8x56R?
    Best, Thomas.

Thanks, Bill. Those M95s are such neat little carbines till you pull the trigger on the Nazi ammo I had. Ouch. I would love to rebarrel one to .30 Army like I've seen in these pages. Or 7.62 x54R. How do they do with cast in the original 8x56R?
    Best, Thomas.
    Not sure yet, still shooting through the 4 boxes of "Hungarian Mannlicher Ammo 208 Grain Soft Point" I bought for brass!
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

Boolit Bub
    Best, Thomas.
    I've had some luck in rifles with a decent bore. I have several of them, jumped on them when SOG had them for 89 bucks. One slugged at .3335"

The tightest one was .331"

This makes the Lee .329 mold slightly useless. I have gotten some good groups by putting on a nice thick powder coat and running them through a Lee sizer that I polished up to .332".

My next project will be paper patching for it...

Boolit Bub
    FYI, this is a great source for M95 parts and I rarely see anyone speak of it. They have extractors in stock for 20 bucks, which is something everyone should have a spare of if they shoot these rifles.

https://mg34.com/product-category/steyr-m-95/

Their complete bolts are 20 bucks cheaper than Numrich...

Now I see Numrich has extractors, they didn't the last time I looked.....

Boolit Master
    At that rate a .338 bullet sized down, whether jacketed or cast, would probably give good results for ed the least cost. I sized down 275gr. Speers for the 8x60R Portuguese, and couldn't see that it harmed results. In theory the jacket may spring back more than the lead core, so it might be a good idea to confine it to bullets with a long nose, which doesn't get sized.

I got my M95 parts from Marstar in Canada, a cocking-piece, firing-pin, safety and safety screw. They reached me in the UK without query or charges, although in theory import taxes should apply over a threshold of £15.

My M95 is actually an oddity, a sporting rifle in 7.7x60R. That is often described as a combination gun cartridge - wrongly I think, for it dates from an age when only action or magazine forced people to accept a bottlenecked cartridge. I believe it was actually one of Professor Hebler's military experiments, and so might the rifle be. It might be very valuable if it was original, but all of it except the action and a badly externally pitted barrel are my restoration. In fact all the action except the cocking-piece etc. now.

Boolit Master
    Best, Thomas.

They do well with cast ....if.... you get the right bullet that fills the throat. A few years back I was able to "resurrect" the frankenstien bullet. It was supposed to be made by MP but ended up being made by NOE, and he may still be making it. It measures around .338 and I have sized it down to .331 with no problem. The hard part right now if finding sizing dies in those diameters, unless someone has taken over for buckshot who made most of mine. As a point of interest these things have huge throats in 8x56r (not so much in 8x50r, can't even match groove diameter without turnig cases) and folks report chambering bullets as large as .340".
    Need advice fixing a coleman appliance? Maybe I can help!