RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: 125 gr from 5.7 brass

125 gr from 5.7 brass

Made some 125 gr bullets out of 5.7 brass for my 300 blackout. I cut the case off at the shoulder. I made a jig for my harbor freight mini chop saw so they would be the same length. I tested some 115 gr ones and got a 1 1/4 inch 10 shot group at 50 yards. I think I could do better if I could come up with a better rest than I have for the AR15. I wanted a little heavier bullet for the little deer we have around here. So I decided to make the 125 gr. I'm excited to test these out and see how they do.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170219_220841[587].jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	188500I cast a bunch of cores this evening to start making 160 gr bullets for my 308 win. I'm trying to improve on the neck expander that I made. This is fun stuff.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Boolit Buddy

Congrats, those turned out really nice. That's what ya gota' do. Whatever it takes. Good looking bullets. I found a fairly inexpensive bipod from UTG Here: https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Tactical-...ords=bipod+utg Figgered I couldn't make a rest for that.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

I tried bipods. I have to get the targets at least 4 feet high for the AR platform or I cant get on the target. The shooting benches at the range seem a little tall for me. Bolt action no problem. My AR rifles have a magpull fore end grip and that raises every thing up. I can make it work just harder to keep steady. I'm not that great of a shot but I like to shoot.
    I'm pretty happy with the way the bullets turned out but there is room for improvement.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.