Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: The loss of Ken Waters

The loss of Ken Waters

His death marks a real loss to the shooting community. Didn't he post here from time to time, esp. copncerning reloading equipment?
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master

We've had posts from Kenneth L Walters, an author and equipment expert, who was too often confused with Ken L Waters. Could you be thinking of Walters?

Boolit Master

I did some checking, but cannot determine if the gun writer is still alive or not.

BTW, his Pet Loads book is required reading if you reload any cartridge designed more than 20-years ago. It is a fantastic resource, especially for the older cartridges.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    KLW occasionally posts on the Antique Reloading Tool Collectors site. He's the reloading tool and mould expert, whereas the late, great Ken Waters was the handloading expert. Walters vs. Waters; frequently confused.

Boolit Master

A couple of other forums have the news that Ken Waters, Handloading expert, has passed, but I haven't yet seen a link to an obituary. His "Pet Loads" book is a treasure.

Boolit Master

So sad. He was the last of the class acts who wrote for Handloader Magazine. It will never be the same w/o him. He and Dean Grennell were both "Mr. Reloader" and forgot more about the hobby than most of us will ever know.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Dang, he was 99!? Proves reloading is good for the body!

Grennel, now there's a name from the past. He wrote for "Guns" for a while. I have a number of his articles. Think about who we have lost; Skelton, Kieth, Grennel, Jordan, that guy out of Wyoming who was a handgun hunter fanatic Bob Milek I think his name was, Nonte, O'Connor, Waters and the list just goes on and on. Those of us who grew up in the 60s and 70s were exposed to the best of the best.
    Reece
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master
    I wondered if he was still around about a year ago and did some Google searching. What I found is he was not a wealthy man from his writing career. It's a shame that someone with his knowledge and to me easily understood writing style, would not have made decent money.

Again, from what I found, he did retire from another job while he was writing so he wasn't in bad shape monetarily, but just that he wasn't compensated too well for his writing. A labor of love I suppose and I'm grateful he did it.

While I don't have but a few of handloading only calibers (however I only shoot handloaded ammo in everything I own), I always enjoyed reloading those different calibers vicariously through his articles.

Boolit Bub
    His book is a great resource of info. Especially wildcats and older calibers. It's an end to an
    Era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro