Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: keen secret mounting tips of loadmaster

Banned

Question keen secret mounting tips of loadmaster

I have a steel table, took a roll-back to get it in garage but looking for some magic tips for solid mounting of lee loadmaster. Course, downstroke after expansion has a lil' bad pull-down jump too!

Boolit Grand Master

How thick is the top, and is the table heavy? You may want to attach the table to a wall/studs to make it more ridgid. If the top is kinda thin (warps when the press is used), I'd use some 3/4" plywood on the underside of the top, mebbe 6" longer and wider (more if there's room) than the press base...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    The wicked jump on the down stroke is the expander/powder die popping out of the case mouth. I honed/polished mine a bit, it really helps. Lee leaves them rough for some reason.
    Last edited by 44Vaquero; 10-22-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: popping, darn windows phone!

Banned

Ok 44 , good tip! i'll polish it down to 6000 sandpaper.

I'll have to keep tweekin steel table, its 800 lb table. It has adjustable bolts on 6 legs of it. I'll check myself work again.

have rcbs boolit feed to try also, thursday.

Thanks boolit masters.

Boolit Buddy

another tip I learned today
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

This is one on a 1/4" thick steel top with a 2" box tube frame underneath, and it was mounted on another 2x4 section of box tubing bolted to the top.

Banned
    Its too bad the Lee isn't setup like jmorris has this one or it would make me buy my first Lee press. I absolutely love the cycle counter on the left side. Great video that shows you can make a cost effective press more efficient and worth owning.

Boolit Buddy
    Put a support from the floor to the underside of the bench; right under the LLM. 2x4 or whatever you got. This way the force of you yanking on the lever is opposed directly by the support. I used a length of 3/4" black pipe, a floor flange and a Pony brand sliding clamp head.

You want about an eighth inch longer than floor to top, to preload it and keep it there.

Boolit Master
    A 6"x6"x 1/4" plate, one plate under every press, swapped out onto the same spot on my bench has proven to be the most rigid mount for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0908.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	188820
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	188821