Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Free COWW ingots and tin cake mix for a needy caster

Free COWW ingots and tin cake mix for a needy caster

The lead has been given away, and offer closed. I should have added this before now, but forgot to. I had one gentleman send an additional request since I promised the lead out, and I sent him a PM with my apologies.

I've done this before and enjoyed it greatly!

Been hammered pretty hard lately with my injuries, but very thankful for His Grace and beauty in my life... In recognition of this, and some large number of free rifle brass a friend recently sent me, I'm wanting to give away another SFRB of COWW ingots plus 2% tin again. I call it a "cake mix". You have to mix it, but it's there...

This is not PIF. You pay nothing, you pass nothing. Period. Helping Hand if you need one...

To wit:

If you are having problems obtaining Pb and tin to make some boolits (can't find it, and can't afford to buy it, ??), please send me a PM with circumstance and if chosen I will pay for the SFRB to send you 12+ pounds of COWW muffins (6 muffins) with enough tin to make a COWW plus additional 2% tin alloy.

Or, if you know someone yourself who needs such, and you are not in a position to help yourself, please send a PM as well.

My decision will be made when I see a "winner". Don't care how long that takes, but I will keep it reasonable...

Conditions (not many, but please read):

1) You have a history with Casboolits, having at least 35 posts involved in the casting/shooting of castboolits.

2) You are truly in need of the Pb and tin, as you have none or are nearly out, and cannot find it and cannot afford to purchase it.

3) USA only (SFRB requiring normal postage only - I think that means Hawaii and Alaska are okay).

4) You are considered in good standing with the Castboolit community.

5) No "PM sent" please. Truly not needed.

All rules in this forum are in force. Especially the ignoring of "I'll take it".

I will use whatever reasoning I determine to choose the person to which I send this lead. No explanations will be given. I actually had one person complain to me once before that he had not been chosen. ?? Weird...

I have been known to announce who gets the lead, but I will not do so if that is your wish. Let me know...

Please send PM only for consideration, describing your situation. Posting to this thread will not put you in consideration for the lead.

Thanks for the opportunity,
    Bob
    Last edited by 40-82 hiker; 02-28-2017 at 03:44 PM.

This is a wonderful offer. My hat's off to you.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

I'm sending the SFRB of lead/tin to bbogue1. He sounds like he can use the alloy to get started with some casting. Hope it helps him. Sure helps me...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    This is a wonderful offer. My hat's off to you.
    Thanks Half Dog, but as a community I would like to see "Helping Hands" used more often, especially those in need posting their needs. We can't help, if we don't know. I have very limited $$ resources, but I do have some extra lead to give out occasionally. Can't mine it as easily or as often as I used to, but I sure can remember when I had none!

Anyway, nearly everyone on CB is generous one way or another, with time, materials, etc. Thanks to all.

Bob

Fantastic!!!!!!!! Thank you. I am really looking forward to learning more about this fabulous process.

Your a good man sir. Well done!

This was fun! I remember when I started casting again I thought I was skunked at all turns trying to mine lead. I just kept at it and found out the whats and whys. Rather put off by it at the time not having the money to buy Pb commercially since I can't work. Plus, had help in other ways recently to boot.

Thanks to all.
    Last edited by 40-82 hiker; 02-28-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: still can't spell

Boolit Master
    Class act Bob. Hope you are doing ok