Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: 45 colt load

Boolit Master

45 colt load

Going to shoot these sat. 9.5 gr unique,wad then wax wad, shot,wad and a coat of liquid wax. Roll crimp . only shot I had was #6 from old shotgun shell

Boolit Master

I don't how much Unique I used, but I loaded a number of similar load about 15 years ago. They worked fine and great for their intended purpose.

One of the reasons I did them for a couple of young(5 & 7) beginning shooters. They have a lot more fun when every shot hits the balloon, tin can, etc.

Boolit Master

Is that barge cement in the bottle?
    I made some similar loads last year for 44mag. The load was lighter, 5 gr of tight group, and a .44 mag has less space for shot than .45.
    The pistol was also lighter, scandium framed S&W, and recoil made my crimped in gas check for top wad come loose after a couple of shots.
    I have been giving a lot of thought to a proper glue to use.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    Rooster jacket, used it to tumblelube. It is not glue but it does harden somebit

Boolit Master

Thanks.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Let us know how they shoot. You're using ALOT of powder to push a dab of shot out. I always found heavy loads tend to trash the pattern.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Man
    I use 4gr. of red dot, then cut awad out of a styrofoam meat tray with the case mouth. push the overpowder wad against the powder then add walnut shell tumbling media leaving enough room for an over shot wad cut with the case mouth from the same meat tray. I shoot them out of a Bond Arms derringer chambered for .45 colt and they are deadly on yellow jackets out to about 3 feet. even get them on the wing. I guess this shows how bored i can get.

Boolit Master
    I put together a few shot shell loads for my 45LC, using styrofoam meat tray wads for over powder and over shot. The styrofoam was quite thick, reducing the shot capacity (used 7-1/2 shot) but got decent patterns at 5 ft. when shot out of a 7-1/2" barrel. IIRC, I used 6 gr of Bullseye. The wads I cut out using a fired case with the rim sharpened up. Cases for the shot loads were sized and crimped, just enough to roll the rim.

Boolit Master
    Now have shot that is extra small, will start over.

Boolit Master

I cut a 410 cup wad to size and fill it up #10 shot and invert a 45C plain base gascheck and use a small roll crimp over 6grains of titegroup,this does a pretty good job on things up to squirrel size animals out to 25 feet.I have shot birds that would fly away but drop out of he sky in about a hundred yards.Good luck and happy shooting
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant