Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope it's OK to brag. New Eagle Scout

Boolit Bub

Hope it's OK to brag. New Eagle Scout

Like the title says. I hope it's OK to brag a bit. My son became an Eagle Scout last night. He's been a scout since second grade, and really took a shine to it. He rarely missed a scouting event, and loves camping with the crew. A couple years ago he went to Philmont Scout Ranch out in New Mexico for a 70 mile backpacking excursion.

His mom and I are very proud of his achievement, and can't help ourselves from bragging. Sorry.

Boolit Master
    I would be very proud also. If he was interested in ham radio, he can get a 'badge' for that too. I helped at a testing where a youngster did that.

Boolit Master

Fantastic
    Great effort and valor!!
    This will keep him in good stead for his entire life
    WELL DONE DAD and MOM, it takes the entire family
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    I KNOW you are Proud! My son was three merit badges away from starting the final journey to Eagle Scout. Just lost interest. Was oldest in troop and I think was not supported enough from troop leadership. I know 99% is the scout but they do need the support from the leadership.
    On to you: you need to also give yourself a pat on the back, because you were also a big supporter of him and helped on this achievement. I am proud to hear that your son has achieved that rank and title. It is something he will carry through his whole life.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

A fine example of what we need more of. Proud supportive parents of well guided children. Well done sir!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master
    Congratulations to your son and the whole family. That is a great accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by TCoggins View Post
    Like the title says. I hope it's OK to brag a bit. My son became an Eagle Scout last night. He's been a scout since second grade, and really took a shine to it. He rarely missed a scouting event, and loves camping with the crew. A couple years ago he went to Philmont Scout Ranch out in New Mexico for a 70 mile backpacking excursion.
    His mom and I are very proud of his achievement, and can't help ourselves from bragging. Sorry.
    You have every right to be proud. The work and dedication it takes is admirable. I don't recall ever hearing any bad things about ANY kid that was an Eagle scout.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations! You have a right to be proud! It takes support from many different directions, including family.

Banned

It would be wrong not to brag about a great achievement like this. Sounds like you have a great son and you are a great father.

Vendor Sponsor

That's a great accomplishment .. dedication from him and you/wife having to drive him to all the meeting ect
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulations to your family!

Boolit Master

Something that will never be forgotten,I am close to 75 and still remember things that were taught to me while in the scouts.I didn't apply myself and never advanced very far in the scouts but that was my fault the opportunity was there and like many things in life was never acted on.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

In Remembrance

Will he recieve a signed citation from Washington and Mr. Trump? I remember that O`bama refused to sign these citations of merit while in office.Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Will he recieve a signed citation from Washington and Mr. Trump? I remember that O`bama refused to sign these citations of merit while in office.Robert
    You can't remember a thing that didn't happen: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/eaglescouts.asp

Congratulations to the new Eagle Scout, that's a lot of work put in for a distant return. Shows a good amount of discipline!

Moderator Emeritus

Nope! It's NEVER wrong here to brag about something that OUGHT to be bragged on! Congratulations to all of you, and you have every right to be proud of the results of your and his efforts over a long period of time. Eagle Scouts aren't made overnight, and any young one who has the determination and inquisitiveness and mettle to become an Eagle really DESERVES to be bragged on. And kudos to you for enabling him to achieve this, as well. Parenting is something that has become a "lost art" of sorts, in all too many cases. Thank YOU for bringing up such an obviously fine member of the younger crowd. Won't be that long before they'll take over for all of us, and having good ones to do that really, truly MATTERS, and it's going to matter a LOT before long. You've all done very well. All of you.

Perma-Banned

Congrats!

To the Eagle Scout and the parents...not an easy accomplishment.

Boolit Buddy

From another Eagle Scout congrats to him and you. There is a lot of dedication and drive required to achieve that. Be very proud of him! There is a lot of knowledge gained and doors opened (or that will open) as a result of his journey. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to join the Scouts.

Boolit Master
    From one Eagle and father of an Eagle to another-- You should both be very proud-- this is an accomplishment that will follow you in a positive way throughout your life.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Buddy

outstanding
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Master

Congratulations to your family.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast