MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feral Hog Hunting

Boolit Master

Feral Hog Hunting

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

A few buddies of mine were discussing a feral hog hunt this or next year. I would prefer to be on a farm/land where they are overrun with hogs and are causing a big problem. It would make for a little more fun than a $3000 canned hunt for a prize boar over a feeder full of grain.
    Helping out some farmers and really everyone by knocking the population back a bit would also be pretty nice.
    Any suggestions on states to look at or specific hunting areas? Anyone know of a guide that provides this type of hunt? Thanks guys!

Where are you and how far are you willing to travel? This info might narrow it down a bit.

Boolit Master

I'm in MA.
    wiling to travel a decent distance of the hunt is right.
    Florida wouldnt be an issue.

Finding the overrun farmer is tough. He usually has somebody trapping and killing them already. Look at this link, https://hogswat.com It's in SW GA, hunting farm fields at night. There is no up charge for size or trophy fees.

Texas, Texas, and Texas. Best,Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    hog swat sounds fun!

Boolit Master

Oklahoma is being freshly over ran and folks haven't figured out what to do about them.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Oklahoma is being freshly over ran and folks haven't figured out what to do about them.
    For those that do not know what to do I can help with some good advice. Shoot them and then eat them.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    Yewp, set in the comfort of that big screened leather seated van and find yer hog, then try a little walk -n- shoot till morning and pay yer 5C's and drive back home and tell all yer friends about yer ''hunt''.

As I've stated before, deer hunting is getting too expansive so hog hunting is taking over. Still pretty pricey @ $500 a nite even if equipment is provided.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

Why try to exterminate them when you can charge hunters that rate.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    I have heard rumor that hogs are starting to populate in the NW of Nevada. Haven't had or taken the time to investigate that yet.
    I too would love to go pig shooting one of these days.
    Fresh killed piggy is delicious!!

The topic comes up every now and then between my friends and I going down south for a hog hunt. But we too really don't want to have to go to some guide outfit. Maybe someday we will find someone with some land that has had enough of them.

Banned

they got plenty but they got everyone suckered into paying.

Boolit Master
    Here in northeast Texas there are hogs; but they seem to travel in a circuit and won't be in the same spot very long. With dry weather they are found around water sources; but otherwise it has been hit and miss on hunting them at a specific location where they were seen previously.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Buddy

I just came back from TX with a bit of luck

Boolit Master
    Texas has got lots of hogs, just do your home work & make lots of phone calls, you can do it pretty cheap if you do your home work. I've taken several there & haven't paid anybody yet. Did cost me lunch several times & I gave a guy one of my custom knives. Oh, some of them seem to like BEER! We were in the Hill Country.

Dick

Boolit Buddy
    Texas is ate up with hogs! When I lived Oklahoma as a teen chasing coonhounds, I would run across large sounder groups too.

Saw on the news last nite, FDA has approved warfarin (rat poison) for pig poison. Tx hog hunters assoc. is taking them to court to prevent it but probably will lose. Guess they want to get rid of coyotes and vultures as well. It will be interesting to see how they plan to use it, Pharms can't just coat deer corn with it, has to be in special 'hog' feeders but coons can get into it also. Another notice to you eating feral hogs. It causes internal bleeding that kills the animals. Also called 'blood thinner'.
    Whatever!

Banned
    popper,

Poison that moves UP the food chain is a REALLY BAD idea. = The WORST idea that I've heard lately.

yours, tex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast