MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCI MiniMag

Banned
    Yes you can reload 22 rimfire, but WHY? Remington and Winchester 22 ammo stinks. Yes I shoot a lot of air rifles. And this thread is worthless

Boolit Buddy
    The only thing worthless about this thread from what I can see, is a post trying to put down the guys who have posted I good spirit ahead of you. The previous post adds absolutely nothing constructive to this post.

I personally like to know how others are doing in the finding 22s area.

Boolit Buddy
    I have not seen any by me in northern Wi in about 3 yrs. I've been getting some from Cabelas for about 7 cents a round shipped, so that's what I've been doing. I also reload for them, so I mess with that as well. I suspect it'll get better this year.

Banned
    Seems to me as the price goes down the hoarders start dumping thier hoards, further reducing the price. That's nice. Things are changing with the Donald. The head of the atf said last week that the silencer laws were foolish and outdated and that the ban on importing milsurp was outdated and should be scrapped. That is all good news for bringing down the prices of our tools...yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    I have not seen any by me in northern Wi in about 3 yrs. I've been getting some from Cabelas for about 7 cents a round shipped, so that's what I've been doing. I also reload for them, so I mess with that as well. I suspect it'll get better this year.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I personally like to know how others are doing in the finding 22s area.
    I buy from either Bud's or PSA. They have better deals than I have seen around the local area.

Boolit Master
    Standing on principle can leave you with egg on your face! Don't ask how I know this! $1 per box more than your stated maximum price may be worth it to you...IF you don't really want to shoot!

What someone is willing to pay is a personal thing. For me life is too short to worry about a buck or two. Big fan here of Minimags and Stingers.

Boolit Master

I think it was Mid-South that had (Mexican) CI 22lr for <$3.00 / 50. They advertise as 1500 fps. I bought 4 thousand. They are hot, accurate & way more reliable (100% ingnition) than any Remington or Federal ammo in my 2206 and Officers Model Match.
    Back in the 60's my dad bought CCI Mini Mags for $9.00 / brick at a LGS near Jolliet. He also bought several thousand Russian Steel case 22's for $5.00 / thousand. They were packed 50 in a White cardboard box with blue label on top & ends. Bullets were separated by cardboard dividers, like they used to do with center fire ammo. Took a strong firing pin spring to ignite the primer compound. Only my kid brother's Cooey cadet & my Glenfield fired them consistently. I still have a couple boxes of the Mini Mags, 25 or so of the Russian steel case ammo and a couple boxes of Federal 22 lr bird shot ($1.25 / box at the local Ace hardware).

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I think it was Mid-South that had (Mexican) CI 22lr for <$3.00 / 50.
    Is that Cascade Cartridge International in Mexico?
    Supposedly CCI's plant in Mexico.
    Any known feedback on quality of this?
    Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Winchester Super Speed and Browning Performance Rimfire (both 40 grain HP) are excellent .22 LR ammo and still much cheaper than anything centerfire. I don't bother with "cheap" .22 ammo anymore as you can get the good stuff for not much more.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123