RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That gun you can't own

Boolit Grand Master

One of the Gentleman at my local club noticed me eyeing his rifle on a Sunday afternoon years ago, I was a fairly new member back then had a family and just starting out. He came down to my firing point and asked if Id like to look at the rifle. It was a true work of art fit and finish was excellent, balance was great. As I was admiring the rifle he handed me 2 rounds and asked if I would like to try it. One round for each barrel. The barrels read Holland and Holland the rounds were 500 nitro express. It was a real experience.

Banned
    The interesting point to me is that it has often been a fairly common firearm that I covet. And it isn't that I covet that type of firearm but rather that I covet that particular firearm !

I shot a friend's S&W revolver the other day and it just clicked. It wasn't anything special other than being about 55 years old and it shot perfectly for me. I didn't want other gun like that one; I wanted THAT one !

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I want a smith 610 but the going rate seems to be around $1800 these days.
    "RCBS, Pacific, Lyman and many others furnish excellent dies and tools, but you must furnish the gray matter to produce perfect hand loads."

-Elmer Keith, Guns & Ammo, January 1982

Boolit Master
    Puhlese.Don`t even get me started.However,three that I really COVET badly are these.
    1928 Thompson.
    M3 greaser
    BAR.
    Have had the pleasure to shoot all three on the SAME day.I was light headed for a week after.Those are the top three.Only problem is ,I don`t have about a ton of gold bars to finance them.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Thirty-some years ago affluent friends let me shoot their guns and a Korth and a SIG P210-6 most impressed me. It took very long to get my first Korth but now I have a small collection of Korths and two Swiss SIG P210s. I cast for my guns and had the Korth at the range with me yesterday and shot it at 25 yards in double action with a full-power .357 Magnum load. I had been a little careless and left some primers on my work bench and paid for it with some cartridges that now will need the bullets pulled.

Yes, you can own your dream guns.

The Limited Edition E. Remington 1816 flintlock from a few years back. Useful Fireplace mantle art.

Boolit Buddy
    I am on the other side of the story. As one of the younger grandfathered, prohibited pistol owners in Canada. I am now buying quality pistols from aging prohib owners for a fraction of what they are worth. The downside is that when I die, these fine firearms are all destined to meet the shears or cutting torch.

I shoot weekly and let other shooters fire them.
    When they ask where they can get one, the answer is "nowhere".

You can't have this gun.

Boolit Grand Master
    A friend of mine has a Browning 1910 WWII bring-back complete with holster and spare magazine. His father took it from a German Truck Driver during the fighting at the Falaise Gap. I would dearly love to have it, but understandably, it is not for sale.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Beretta Model 70S in .380. Accurate and comfortable. Sold it to get my Walther PP. Really wish I had kept the Beretta.

Actually held a SIG 210 many moons ago in Switzerland. If it weren't for the price, I'd buy one. Bloody beautiful.

SIG Stgw 57. Got to practice with one in Switzerland when my girlfriend's brother hinted I was a new kid in town.

Most any firearm with a Safe-Semi-Full switch. Have one but can't afford any more.

Luger Carbine. Went to a show in Portland, Oregon, and found 4 of them. I actually had the cash in my pocket. None were for sale.

And the list goes on. Sigh ...

Cheers,
    Richard

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have a magazine for one I'd like to own . I'd like to have the base mount for it also ....... Alas I don't foresee me getting a great deal on a Gruman F8F much less the 6 1919 50 BMGs but I do have a magazine for 26' of linked 50 cal and that's something .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Georg Luger's personal scaled down Luger. I don't remember if it is a 7.65 or 9mm Kurtz but there's only one and I saw a picture of it in Guns&Ammo. A long time ago.

Boolit Master
    "Georg Luger's personal scaled down Luger."

This it?
    http://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/65/1636

Boolit Master

I was in the Fuerth gun club looking for a rifle, they had 2 of the prettiest Mannlichers I have ever seen. Calibers were 223 and 222, action scaled to calibers, beautiful blueing, high gloss figured walnut stocks and double set triggers. They had 3-9x Weavers mounted and were asking $199 apiece. Way out of my price range on E-4 salary. Tim PS this was in 1968.
    Last edited by tward; 03-06-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Year

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, this one. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170304_080803.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	189887
    It is living in my safe right now.
    It is a .45lc dated 1891.
    I may have to sell a couple of guns to get the funds to buy it.
    Because I REALLY want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    "Georg Luger's personal scaled down Luger."

This it?
    http://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/65/1636
    Thank you for the link! I obviously misremembered the caliber, though. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
    Thirty-some years ago affluent friends let me shoot their guns and a Korth and a SIG P210-6 most impressed me. It took very long to get my first Korth but now I have a small collection of Korths and two Swiss SIG P210s. I cast for my guns and had the Korth at the range with me yesterday and shot it at 25 yards in double action with a full-power .357 Magnum load. I had been a little careless and left some primers on my work bench and paid for it with some cartridges that now will need the bullets pulled.

Yes, you can own your dream guns.
    That Sir is a gorgeous collection you have! I'm really after a pristine Manurhin MR73 but a clean Korth Combat would be equally fantastic. Also a Neuhausen P210.... Beautiful guns. All of the above, exquisitely crafted and finished.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I hope that liking full size 38 Special revolvers doesn't make one too weird because if that's true I'm REALLY weird. I have that affliction!
    Had a S&W model 15 that was 95% + . Beautiful police turn in that fell my way for $175. Well a good friend begged me out of it under the instruction I was the only one he would ever sell it back to. Within one year he left it laying out some where and it was removed by some one else. Never sell a firearm you cannot replace.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Every time I go to the SHOT SHOW I stop by Perazzi's booth and drool and dream of owning one of their matched sets of over under shotguns. They are usually in the ball park of $350,000 to $400,000. Some of the most beautiful pieces of art I have ever held in my hands. Add to that list Blaser, Mauser, and JP Sauer, a H&H Double rifle, Barret M82a1, and on and on.

A Stevens model 235 hammer double in 16 ga. We grew up with Uncle Owen's in 12 gauge. It's on my brother's mantle. A quality box lock from long before Savage entered the picture. Not a Fox or Parker but didn't need to be.

Boolit Buddy
    A Colt single action in 32-20 owned by a friend, a family gun he'd never sell (and I'd never ask). However I did buy a used Uberti 32-20 single action last year, probably as close as I'll come to an original.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast