Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That gun you can't own

Boolit Master
    My old man had the Gottahavits disease, same as his father did. Any new thing that came along meant selling off an old thing, often at a loss.

On the list:
    Sig 229R with target grips and compensator
    Dan Wesson Model 15 Pistol Pack in stainless
    Transferrable Steyr AUG (don't know which variant)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WebMonkey View Post
    Any select fire pistol caliber firearm.
    Can't afford but sorely wish for.
    Yep, a MP5 SBR would do nicely. I could even do without the fun switch and suppressor, but wouldn't complain if they were included!

I passed on on a Ruger Security 6 4 inch stainless for $375 or so just a few years ago. Never going to get that chance again.

Dad's unicorn is a M1A to replace the M14 he had to turn back in to Uncle Sam.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Yep, a MP5 SBR would do nicely. I could even do without the fun switch and suppressor, but wouldn't complain if they were included!

I passed on on a Ruger Security 6 4 inch stainless for $375 or so just a few years ago. Never going to get that chance again.

Dad's unicorn is a M1A to replace the M14 he had to turn back in to Uncle Sam.
    It's not quite the same, but the binary triggers for AR'S are pretty quick, and there's an HK trigger group that will accept AR triggers...

Too many to list.....

Boolit Master
    One gun I got to shoot was a Sako in .222 Rem. with a balvar scope it belongs to my son in laws big brother it was there Grandpas chuck rifle he let me shoot a box of 20 rounds through it wow what a nice rifle, right there I offered to buy it but no way he will sell it. Made one ragged hole at 100 yards with that rifle,a joy to shoot!

Boolit Master

I have most all the guns that I would like but one and that is a 45 mag Wildey with 10" barrel and a 475 Wildey upper and extra mags to go with it.
    cant have them in Calif. unless you find one someone wants to sell that's already here.

I need/want the following but can't justify their purchase - Hammerli 208s, a nice drilling, and of course a mini-gun for the zombie apocalypse.
    I have pretty much most of the firearms I desire. I can always find more that I want, but I've also come to realize that my collection is at that tipping point where it goes from being a collection that gets used to a collection that is just a "collection" with guns that never get shot because I don't have enough time. Generally speaking, I'm not a collector type guy, I try to be practical and use what I have. If I can't use it, I probably don't need it.
    Last edited by mtnman31; 02-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Banned

I don't collect but have shot and built 1911's that did under 1" at 50 yards. A gun I have wanted forever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    One gun I got to shoot was a Sako in .222 Rem. with a balvar scope it belongs to my son in laws big brother it was there Grandpas chuck rifle he let me shoot a box of 20 rounds through it wow what a nice rifle, right there I offered to buy it but no way he will sell it. Made one ragged hole at 100 yards with that rifle,a joy to shoot!
    Balvar scope. Holy shades of heaven. I lost my breath when I sold my pre 64 220 Swift with one. I will never get over it. Should I curse you or praise you for memories?

Lone Star lightweight .30-40 Krag rolling block.
    Benelli B76 9mm pistol
    Better stop there. Best, Thomas.

Banned
    since i can no longer buy it, mine is a ruger bisley stocked with a big horn sheep horn, 5 1/2" barrel and it comes with a 500 linebaugh.

darn stroke, i don't have nothin nice!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Firebricker View Post
    I was working in Utah and found a Ruger #3 in .22 Hornet for $600. I get a sick feeling every time I think about it. It was what I was looking for so why I walked out with out it I will never know ! FB
    Hmmmm, I live in Utah and sold off a Ruger #3 in 22 hornet. I never could get it to shoot well. ( Does that make you feel better?)

I the little village I grew up in the VFD had a festival every summer to raise money. They always
    raffled of a Rifle & a shot gun. 1959 the rifle was a Win 70, 220swift. A neighbor who didn't hunt
    or shoot won the Swift. My dad offered to buy the rifle several times, then I took over the task.
    The only reason guy wouldn't sell, he claimed its the only thing he ever won. He promised me
    that he would sell it to me if ever sold. Guy still going strong a 87yrs old, and Swift still in box
    with hang tags still on it. Every now and then he calls me to fix something around the house. He
    always lets me check on the Swifts welfare. I'm 66, if I don't get it soon I'll be to feeble to shoot
    it,

Boolit Buddy

In the 80s Savage made a 110S silhouette rifle. You could get it in 308 and 7-08. A work buddy was a cast bullet shooter and let me borrow his 308 to try some of my cast bullets with and it was shooting like they were jacketed. Always wanted one (or both) so some years later a guy had one over his shoulder at an Allentown gun show for sale. I was just a little short of cash to get it. I never seen another one after that. I am still looking........

The one I've always wanted (but never could justify) is a Ruger 77 international (I always wanted one in 06 but think I'd prefer the .308 now) I've always liked that rifle and still want one. Maybe now that I'm older, I'll go find one.

Boolit Master
    Winchester Hi-Wall in 45-70. Someday.

Boolit Master

Uncle Virgil's 92 Winchester 32-20. It had a 1/2 octagon barrel about 20 inches long, rifle butt plate, schnable forearm with ebony insert in the tip, and a 3 shot blind magazine. It was the first centerfire rifle I shot. I got to carry it for about 2 1/2 years, deer hunted with it 2 years but did not get a shot at a deer in that time.

The summer before my HS senior year, my cousin decided he wanted his dad's gun, so Uncle Virgil took it back. The next spring, just about graduation time, I got a call from the bus station. They had a package for me. While mom was shopping, I walked down to the bus station to pick up the package. It was from Uncle Virgil and contained a Mossberg 800 in .308. The stock had lots of figure and it shot good, but I would prefer Uncle Virgil's(or an exact replica) 32-20 over a dozen normal hunting rifles.

Oh, in handguns it would be a long barreled Luger with the carbine forearm and detachable stock. Have never seen one in person but they will forever be out of my price range. If they would remove the stupid restrictions on re-moveable stocks on pistols, I could get by with a Ruger auto pistol set up like that. Have considered putting a long barrel and forearm on one and making a bitstock for it. The buttstock would have a bracket that would not attach to the pistol, but would cradle it so a firm grip would support the pistol for firing.
    Last edited by ulav8r; 02-24-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added handgun desire, since this is a handgun forum

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    About 25+ years ago, I sold my Ruger .44 magnum revolver I had. ( financial problems) I have been looking for a particular style of Ruger .44 magnum ever since then.
    Kids, tragedies in the family! Life got in the way.Now thanks to a member on here, I now own the Ruger I have been looking for!! It used to be the gun I couldn't have was a Colt Python with 8" barrel, but I got that! Now I'm set, I guess! Want to bet how long that lasts? Hahahaha!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    A friend of mines Bob Chow done 29 Smith. It is the finest revolver I have ever shot.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'd like a 30-30 single shot I can develop a good accurate load for. Still looking. A friend has a Handi-Rifle in 30-30 and has squeezed exceptional accuracy out of it with cast in the mid range velocities.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast