MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherokee 32 caliber price

Boolit Buddy

Cherokee 32 caliber price

Hey guys/gals, what's the going rate these days for a Thompson Center Cherokee in 32 caliber that is new in box, unfired?

Boolit Grand Master
    I bet you're looking in the $500 range. I got a well used .45 years ago and it was $350.

Perma-Banned
    too much. they'll likely get 6 or 7 hundred bucks or more for a 300 dollar gun.

Perma-Banned
    You would be REALLY lucky to get a new in box .32 Cherokee for 500 bucks!! I have seen New .32 Barrels sell for that 500 number, Barrel alone. The .32 Cherokee is on my love to have list, but I can't make sense out of one for what they are going for. I got a good deal on a TC Seneca like brand new, it came with the .45 Barrel, i had a .36 barrel. My TC Seneca .36 is my 'go to' fun gun to shoot!!

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    too much. they'll likely get 6 or 7 hundred bucks or more for a 300 dollar gun.
    You are SPOT ON bubba.50, If its brand new in the box unfired it could easily fetch 800

Boolit Buddy
    Then I better grab it at $475.00 Canadian

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BPJONES View Post
    Then I better grab it at $475.00 Canadian
    No doubt!!!!

Perma-Banned
    if 475 in Canadian money equals about 300 U.S. I'd buy it. but it boils down to, if it's worth it to you & you want it, go for it. you really have no-one to please but yourself.

Boolit Master

Just saw a cherokee on gunbroker for $750
    Here is what is driving the cost of these rifles up, they are no longer made and when they were made they were a good quality for the price and small caliber muzzle loaders are few and far between. I am not aware of anyone outside of maybe Perdosolli (SP) that might be making a .32 or .36 caliber muzzle loader.
    Many have just woke up to how much fun a small caliber muzzle loader is to shoot.

Years ago I was in a LGS that had a cherokee and seneca for sale for $350 each or $600 for both, today you would be hard pressed to get either for $600 if they were in good shape. TC built a good firearm for the cost, but all things come to and end and the fire at the TC plant ended the small caliber firearms and also the public was moving away from side locks in favor of inlines. Now the swing is slowing moving back to side locks in small calibers and the market is hot for the few that are still available.

The bottom line is the price of TC firearms in small calibers will continue to go up as more people are willing to part with more of their hard earned money to get them.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Small caliber muzzle loaders are few and far between. I am not aware of anyone outside of maybe Perdosolli (SP) that might be making a .32 or .36 caliber muzzle loader.
    Many have just woke up to how much fun a small caliber muzzle loader is to shoot.
    Traditions makes a little .32 Cal called a Crockett. My .36 Cal Seneca is hands down the funnest muzzleloader i own to shoot. I will likely end up building a long ranger in .36 Cal

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    the thing about the TC (cherokee and seneca) .32 is they are 1-30 twist, and with a roundball are accurate with loads across the spectrum. So can be loaded with ~10-30+ grains, and be accurate, and able to match a .22 from a short load, to a .22 wmr, and maybe more. Pretty much all others, are 48 twist, and more finicky on loads. Most seem to settle in around ~22-25 grain charge. Arguably, just as accurate, but stuck in about the .22 WMR range for power. Being as these are primarily "squirrel guns" a light load is nice, especially when not a headshot. Loaded hot, a .32 will about blow a squirrel in half. A .32 with a maxi, and a decent load will take a coyote to 80 yards easy, and to 100 with a good triggerman, and the right conditions. a maxi is ~108 grains, so pretty good terminal performance for varminting.
    Last edited by Squeeze; 02-16-2017 at 12:51 PM.

FWIW, I sold my .45 Cherokee (I kept a .36 & a .45 Seneca) a few months ago online for $500, and it wasn't NIB - but it also was in excellent condition.

.45 Cherokee's don't bring the big $$$ that it takes to own a .32/.36 Cherokee - and Seneca's bring even more.

Once upon a time, I had a T/C Custom Shop (Fox River Outfitters) .32 Seneca with the custom shop high-polish bluing & fancy walnut stock - but had to sell it because it was too hard for my fumble fingers to load (I have N.P. loading my .36).

10 years ago, I sold that .32 Seneca for $650, which would translate today to over $800.

BP, you better grab that brass ring, and show us the pics of yer new smokepole.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    The gun is on it's way. Will post pics when it arrives.
    Same guy also has a new, never fired Zoli Zouave carbine. I already have one of those though!

Boolit Buddy
    You'll love it. My .36 Seneca is the most enjoyable rifle I've ever fired. Makes me happier than a fat kid with cake, and I'm a fat kid that loves cake........LOL

Don't expect it to sound like a .22 though. Those little T/C small bores have a surprising report when fired. They bark.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjarrell View Post
    Don't expect it to sound like a .22 though. Those little T/C small bores have a surprising report when fired. They bark.
    Perfect description! The first time i shot my .36 Seneca i was shocked by the report, Not even close to a .22 LR, I would compare it more to a .357 Magnum

Boolit Master

Ha Ha yep those small caliber tc's do let you know when you light the powder and send a projectile down range. Wished they were still making them though
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    Received the 32 today. Not a mark on it and still covered in grease. Sure is an agile little rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Wow. There are still gold in them thar hills! What a find. Jealous here.

Sweet rifle!!!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

You apparently obtained a later model, made after the DST's (double-set triggers) were discontinued and when production ended with the factory building where all the small-frame frontstuffers were made burnt to the ground.( including all spare parts and the machinery to make them)

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Perma-Banned
    beautiful li'l' gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast