Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Pro Melt-2

Banned

The Chinese stuff has a short fuse warranty.

Boolit Mold
    I have a RCBS promelt that was bought new in the mid 1980s. About 10 years it started to drip on its own so I sent it back, rebuilt for free and shipped back to me. Great service.
    Tom

Boolit Master

I noticed that some retailers are out of Pro-Melts and have a notice it's been discontinued. I'm guessing we'll see the PM II soon.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Banned

It does seem that there is no more Pro Melt. They have a Pro-Melt II and an Easy Melt for dipping

PRO MELT-2

$314.95 - $349.95
    The improved RCBSŪ Pro-Melt™-2 furnace is a necessity for those who love to cast lead bullets. The 25-pound capacity can mould hundreds of projectiles. The programmable temperature control has a digital readout to ensure accuracy, and the bottom-pour design ensures accurate, safe casting. If the first step of hand- loading is manufacturing bullets, the Pro-Melt™-2 is a necessity.

Type Options 120 VAC 240 VAC

FIND A DEALER

FEATURES

• 25-pound capacity
    • Programmable digital temperature control
    • Pot cover
    • Bottom pour
    • Limited Two Year Warranty

EASY-MELT

$149.95 - $174.95
    The new RCBSŪ Easy-Melt™ lead/ladle pot is a necessity for those who love to cast lead bullets with a traditional ladle. The pot's 25-pound capacity is enough to cast hundreds of projectiles. The programmable temperature control has a digital readout to ensure accuracy. A hinged cover warms moulds while keeping out debris. The Easy-Melt™ lead/ladle pot is a traditional option for those who love to manufacture bullets.

Type Options 120 VAC 240 VAC

FIND A DEALER

FEATURES

• 25-pound capacity
    • Programmable digital temperature control
    • Hinged pot cover
    • Limited Two Year Warranty

Boolit Buddy
    I called rcbs, they are expecting to have them out in July or august.

Boolit Master

Wow! So the plan is not to have a furnace available for 3 to 4 months? Sounds like a bad decision to me.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

2 year warranty.

2year warranty just like the original Pro Melt. Just like all of their equipment that uses electricity. Often times RCBS just chose to fix a customers Pro Melt that they had had for 20 or more years for free though. Would not expect that to change.

Banned

With all the problems Lyman had with China, I think RCBS will be lucky to have their China pots out by August.

Boolit Man
    I purchased a Waage K47575-1 pot a couple of weeks ago. Current price is $216 plus $30 shipping. It is a ladle casting pot. Made in New Jersey.

Banned

I I got my Waage two years ago, so the price is still close

We manufacture the K4757. ~#25 pounds, temperature 800 °F; 115v We maintain the price affordable for the re-loaders. The item is marketed via the re-loader blogs.
    1. The K4757 melter is scheduled to be manufactured within the next 10 business days.
    2. The price is $198.00 + S& H of $30.00

A friend loaned (and spoiled me) me his Pro melt. While in my care it shorted out and burned up the thermostat (bad power cord). They said send it to us, OK but the pot had 20 lbs of lead in it, they said dismantle it and send us everything but the pot. I did and in about 10 days I had a brand new unit, (including pot). So when he got it back, it was new, we both were happy. Then I bought the Lyman Mag 25, I've been happy with it, it works great. I think either would be a good choice.

Invest in the mods on your lee pot. It's a fine melter just not good at regulation and the drip can be easily overcome. I've never used a promelt but I can't see how it would make solid into liquid any better really.
    Discalimer: I did retrofit my lee with a PID, and custom rod valve setup.

Maybe I am just too old fashioned but that new model looks more cheaply made to me. Glad I have my Pro-melt.
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

Boolit Grand Master

China can and will build to spec at a price point. Problem is that they will find the cheapest possible production method and parts to do it. You have to be very careful to make the specs meet your expectations.
    It appears that they have done so with the Lyman unit. As with any new design sent overseas, there were problems that had to be worked out, delaying production. RCBS is probably having the same problem.
    I just hope to keep the smoke from escaping my older pots till we get access to Pro 2s.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Knowing what I know I would rather have a used original Pro-Melt than the new one.

Boolit Master

My Pro-Melt is about 40 years old. The pot and stem were replaced a few years ago but RCBS was willing to send me the parts so all it cost me was some steel pop rivets. Even at the Pro-Melt II price in the $340 range that extrapolates to $8.50 USD/year. The long term cost of ownership of good stuff is low.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    The current price of a Wagge is $236 plus $30 shipping. They are built from scratch when ordered and it's about 10 to 14 days to complete. I've had 2 of them for years and they are the best if you ladle pour for the larger calibers. I also have 2 RCBS Pro melts and I have to laugh from some of the postings made about them. One poster stated that he had never used one but how can it be better than a pot made by Lee. My answer to that my friend is you don't have enough time in the trench.
    A gunsmith by the name of Coyote Cap found out about sending the Chinese a set of building specs and then receiving a different item back. When he had a China company build the repo of the Winchester 1887 lever action shotgun, he received cast receivers instead of the forged ones he wanted. He had to go to China to make sure the next guns were made correctly.
    I hope that RCBS has better results. It's very sad that this country has lost it's ability to manufacture it's own goods. If something was to happen with our dependence on China, we will be at a loss.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Mold
    Anybody know why there is no availability of the Pro Melt II at this point in time? MidwayUSA and the other retailers state that it is out of stock, no backorder. I wonder if RCBS found a defect in the new model and took them off of the market? Just a theory and I have no reason to push that theory. RCBS is a top notch company, so I wonder what the status is.

Boolit Master
    Brownelles will let you preorder, like the first batch. I don't think Midway let you backorder last time either.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast