Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Seen my fur buyer

Seen my fur buyer

Yesterday seen my fur buyer and he have a load of coyote furs there from all over the country and Canada. You can see the different in the furs from all over. The ones from Canada that I seen are really big. Like the size of the wolfs skins he have tanned hanging. He have a guy from Italy that will show up next week and will be buying alot of the coyote furs. it will be interesting how that will go.I had met the guy last year when he came to get 1,000 coyote furs and also some coon.Just wanted to let you all know about some of what is going on.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

A guy up here in the NW said he was getting $175 for some of his coyotes. He averaged over $100 for his 7 hides (IIRC), which included a really rough one that netted $4.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master

How are the prices of coyote and coon?

I know the ones that are out west gose higher then the ones around me. Out of 18 I sold that was put up avg. of about $13.17 and the 19 coon I got at the time also was $6.31 on the avg. It depends on the part of the country you are for what one is the best.Out here is know for there coon in the northern part because of the size of them.then you go south part of Iowa the prices are lower because of the fur is not like the northern part I am in. I did not ask the fur buyer how much the ones from Canada went for.

Boolit Master

Seen my fur buyer

Holy smokes trapper! Been there done that. But, if it is a sport you truly cherish then IT IS GOOD. A whole lot better than a buyer not even offering a dollar for a XL or 2XL. Hopefully the world happenings change for the good and the prices start turning great again. Thank you very much for the report sir.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master
    Potters in Heartsville Ohio was one of the largest in the area. Not sure they are still in business. Not pickups with Mr. Potter tractor and trailer. He would be very old if he still in the business.

I been at this trapping when the furs was up and also when it been down. as long the furs are worth something I will still be at it.beside the farmers and landowners are the ones that get the bed end of it all because when furs are down no one really want to trap it but when the price are up you have them fight to get the grounds to trap.I am there with the ups and downs.

Boolit Grand Master

http://trappingtoday.com/2017-fur-pr...ction-results/

Coyotes remain the major bright spot in the low fur market, and pale Western coyotes are bringing very good prices. They sold at 100% and averaged $56. Eastern coyotes remained around $25.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    http://trappingtoday.com/2017-fur-pr...ction-results/

Coyotes remain the major bright spot in the low fur market, and pale Western coyotes are bringing very good prices. They sold at 100% and averaged $56. Eastern coyotes remained around $25.
    You got it M-Tecs it been that way since the market had drop. Coyotes are hold there own in a way. but for the prices that is on there is for the skins that are done up . that is skin scrape and put on boards and dry.years ago i use to send my furs to the auction . but after i seen how it was going I just stick with the one I have now.

Boolit Master

The last time I looked TX still had a measly 25.00 bounty on them.I guess that is because it is so many of them.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Over here the hunting season is open year round, but not a bounty.I have hear there is alot of them in TX.Also toward the panhandle I was told the state get trappers to work for them to trap them out.I was in Rusk,TX and ask the office there about a state trapping job that is where he told me I would need to go to be a state trapping at the panhandle.

Boolit Master

So if you don't mind, trapper9260, how did your season turnout? And everybody else? Hope to hear good results. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Maybe some pics?

Well I do not have any photos .Here is what I got from the first day of the season that is the 1st saturday of Nov to the 5th of Dec. 1 mink,2 skunk,17 coyote and had one give to me also,9 possum and had 1 given to me and also pick up a road kill, 1 otter, 21 beaver, 5 rats,18 coon and pick up 1 road kill also, 1 badger. Also sold 40 oz of Beaver castors. Also sold one groundhog skin and 2 red squr.

Boolit Master

Wow, not a bad haul trapper. When time would get close to season opener I would start picking up street kill bushy tails here. It doesn't take long to have 50 - 100 of'em to add to the fur bag. We gettem till it started to snow here them let up. Heck the city cops and street dept. would stop by the house and let me know where they would be laying sometimes.

The guy I sell my furs to buy the squr. as long they are put up like the old way of mink. On the trapping forums I am on some people are looking for some also. I told them to get in touch with one I sell to.Oh by the way the road kill ones I put is just the added to what I trap. It dose not included in the total amount I got.If you looking for a buyer of the squr. let me know.

Boolit Master
    we haven't had enough cold weather here for the hair to stick, hides ain't worth a dime around here these days..

Congrats on the sales!

God Bless, and One Love

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm