Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 327 Mag Snubbie

Boolit Grand Master

Technically a snub nose has a barrel 3" or less. Most don't consider it a snub nose if the barrel is over 2". The extra inch of barrel makes a good difference in concealability.

Boolit Master
    I have the 3" SP101 that I just bought used a couple of months ago and the LCR... Both are great shooters. I have not gotten a chance to see what the velocity is for them however. The 3" SP101 was reviewed on Gunblast and factory loads were smokin'.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SP101-327.htm

Bob

Boolit Master
    Yep, I don't know if I would call the 3" SP101 a snubbie or not. It certainly is not like a 4", but, is more shootable than a 2".

Since I carried mine mostly in a pancake holster the extra bit of barrel was not a problem. And the motorcycle pants pocket was just the right shape for it, so, in those pants it was a pocket pistol.

Due to the weight I would not carry one in regular pants pocket so holster carry makes little difference in barrel length.

Again a 'snubbie' in my mind is a 2"bbl.

Boolit Master

After seeing the positive reviews, I thinks I will get one in the 3" snide nose version. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Banned

theres a 3 inch smith 327 at the gunshop right now. I don't have much use for a 327 but if it was a 32 mag I might bite. I know you can shoot the 32s in the 327 but I just don't want that longer cylinder. I had one of the 4 inch 32 mag gp101s and foolishly sold it. It was a very accurate handy trail gun.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    theres a 3 inch smith 327 at the gunshop right now. I don't have much use for a 327 but if it was a 32 mag I might bite. I know you can shoot the 32s in the 327 but I just don't want that longer cylinder. I had one of the 4 inch 32 mag gp101s and foolishly sold it. It was a very accurate handy trail gun.
    I am the same way. Would rather have one of the good j frames or SPs in 32H&R, like they made a few years ago. It's the only reason I haven't bitten and purchased one yet. One Bud has the 4" SP and it shoots 32Mag great. He hasn't found any 327 brass yet.

Yep, looks like my new Tax Return pistol! LOL

Lefty

Boolit Master
    There is a current production, 6 shot, 38 special snub nose coming to market soon.
    Last edited by Love Life; 02-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    These are all 357, but the guns are the same outside size as a 327 ...

I've carried my 3 1/16" SP101 many miles ...

For those that say a snub needs a 2" barrel ... my J frame above (and below) is longer, and the LCR is shorter than 2" ...

Ruger LCR & S&W 640
    All revolvers matter, regardless of barrel size.

Banned

make mine a 3in j frame in 32mag with adjustable sights. I had a 38 special like that that I foolishly let slip through my hands.

One or two rounds in a hi cap semi auto IMO is not a big difference. One shot more over a five shot, hell yes it is worth it. My wife carries a Colt Police Positive in 32-20. Low recoil, light for a steel revolver.

Boolit Master

Sage advice, Walkingwolf.
    One of my favorite instructors told me the same.

Boolit Master

.d"
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Buddy
    My 3" SP101 spits them out 100-150 fps slower than my Single Seven 5.5" depending on the load. The LRC chrono results lost another 50-100 fps compared to the 3" SP.

My 3" prints high too. About 6-8" at 25 yards with 327 loads and hot 32 H&R. My 32s seem to behave best with 100gr or heavier bullets. All are good shooters.

Banned

As a civilian if 5 isn't enough you might want to spend your money on burial insurance instead of a higher capacity gun. Your not going into a fire fight UNLESS YOU REALLY SCREWED UP!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    There is a current production, 6 shot, 38 special snub nose coming to market soon.
    Who is the maker?
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I've been tempted to get a .327 mag a couple of times, but I have a 7-shot stainless .357 mag snub nose, so I just don't see the need for it. The brass is not going to be that common, so it's not likely to be found as range pickup. The .327 has standard loads with lighter bullets, but if I was wanting that, I'm sure I could develop a .357 mag loading with bullets that light also. Now, if it was 10 rounds of .327 mag in a revolver, I might get interested.

Boolit Master

[/url]
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Boolit Master

Does a 2.75" barrel still qualify as a "snub nose"? If so, Ruger has a 8-shot .357 mag Redhawk...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-redhawk-line/
    http://www.ruger.com/products/redhaw...eets/5033.html

Boolit Bub
    Charter Arms 327, 38, 357 for under 4 bills! Aluminum 12 oz, stainless 16oz, 357 magnum @20 oz. I have a stainless 38sp+P, and love it. They have great grips, point very well, and mine had a match grade trigger right out of the box! I was very surprised with the quality of this lower cost gun, and really happy about the purchase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast