Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handi-Rifle

I'm kinda wondering about the current cost of barrels. It seems like eBay is wanting $250-400 for barrels that only cost $100 installed at the factory.

Yep, they're unobtanium now that they have quit production on the rifles. It's a seller's market, for sure.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

I am have one made for 327 from a H&R.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I was one of the last that I know of to get a barrel fitted at the factory. Two days after they shipped mine back they were closed. I would not have gotten them without the aid of a saint who happened to both work there, and who checked in from time to time on Graybeardsoutdoors forums.

Thank you Brian!

Since then I buy if I like the caliber, and if the price is under 400$ I consider myself lucky.

How high they go will in part depend on demand. How good the new Henry rifles are might have an effect on that.

I do know that I bought a .300Blackout for 240$ thinking that in a couple of years I could double my money. Well that time is now, and blacky girl is staying right where she is. I'd rather have the rifle than the cash. I am not so sure about cash these days. They call it money but it really isn't.

Real money holds its value, what we call dollars are fiat currency based on nothing but public opinion and it does not hold its value.

Food, water, guns, ammo is all going to be priceless someday. I suspect I'll be using 100$ bills for toliet paper before I go.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I do have to say that the CVA are tempting.
    The CVA is in bad need of an attractive stock and forearm. That still would not help that lever hanging in front of the trigger guard.

Boolit Buddy
    i have three Handi rifles that i shoot cast bullets in, one is 45-70, second one is 450 Marlin and the third is a 500 SW mag. In the 45-70 i shoot the Lyman 457124 bullet that weighs about 385 grs with 26 grs of AA 5744. In the 450 Marlin i shoot the Lyman 457125 bullet that weighs 500 grs with 35 grs of RL-7 and finally in the 500 SW Mag i shoot the Lee 440 gr bullet with 30 grs of AA 5744. All of the loads shoot really well. Enjoy. JimP.

Boolit Bub
    I have the CVA in 44 mag, and will agree it ain't much to look at but the shootin part is sure a different story. I've only shot some jacketed handloads and factory rounds through mine so far but real impressed with how accurate the rifle is. I have some cast loaded up but just haven't had time to shoot them yet, the weather here in southern WV is becoming real nice early this year and real soon we will see what my loads will do. By the way the factory trigger is real good out of the box.

Joe
    "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12