WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: How much Is my gun worth?

Boolit Bub

How much Is my gun worth?

I have a 1890 winchester pump 22 rifle that shoots WRF 22's and from what I can find out from the serial no. It is a 1912. The wood on this gun is in good shape a few nicks here and there the metal still has some blueing left on it, but mostly a brown patina on it. Ammo is hard to get but it shoots really good. Also has octagon barrel. The action seems tight and works good. I don't know how to put pics on here or I would. So any help would be appreciated thanks Dennis.

Boolit Grand Master

No pictures and no bore look see means no valid opinion. Could be anywhere from 200 to 500 depending on where sold how the bore actually is ect. Can't guess a pig in a poke.

It's worth $20 and yet I'm willing to take it off your hands for nearly twice that much at $30 and pay 1/2 the shipping... just kidding. Above is correct it would take more detail to know true value. And value is a funny thing. There is what it is worth if you want to buy one, and what someone is willing to pay you today in cash, then there is what local shops will pay for it vs private party buyer. Regional gun shows might have one price, national online market a different price.

The guy who started out learning to shoot with a model xyz that belonged to his dad that has been long since lost, sold or stolen might pay a good deal more for nostalgic reasons.

How long you are willing to wait in order to get your price matters too. I know some shops that have rifles for $100 more than I see them for at gun shows but often times they eventually get sold, might take him 4 months longer than it would have at a slightly reduced price.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Shorts, longs, or long rifle?

The shorts are in short supply, they wore them out. So from what I have seen they tend to bring the most.

Browse gunbroker and see for yourself.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Shorts, longs, or long rifle?

The shorts are in short supply, they wore them out. So from what I have seen they tend to bring the most.

Browse gunbroker and see for yourself.
    He specified WRF, which is Winchester Rim Fire. Same as Remington Special. Quite popular in the early 20th century. The original loading was a 45 bullet at velocities the long rifle could not match. The cartridge case if just a little shorter than the more recent .22 Winchester Magnum Rifle cartridge. Both cartridges are larger in diameter than .22 LR.