Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
PBcastco Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floor wax hoarders?

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I actually have read all three. And I must admit that my education does not offer any revelations. What strikes you as particularly noticeable about them?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

same ingredients different amounts.
    one should be able to modify reduced JPW with more solvents to just about 100% duplicate the floor wax everyone is pining for.
    your just replicating a modified 45/45 lube in a wet form now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I mixed up a batch of the new formula of Ben's. I mixed up 14 ounces and from what I can see this is going to last me a very long time as it doesn't take much.

So my question to you guys with dozens of can's of floor wax is just how much do you shoot? Hundreds of rounds per day?
    What makes you think folks have dozens of cans in the first place?

Way to alienate people if you were looking for some.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    What makes you think folks have dozens of cans in the first place?

Way to alienate people if you were looking for some.
    I'm not looking for any. Several people have talked about having dozens of cans.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

No one seemed to be buying g any up here in south central Alaska. I bought a case from home depot or Lowe's whenever I saw it. Last year. Both sourrces clearances it out. I think I have 47 cans of JLPW, If anyone in ALASKA needs one, let me know

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Buddy
    I scored 5 cans after they said it was going to be discontinued but before the Lundmark revelation. As for how much I shoot about 2-300 every other day of .45acp. about 100 rnds of 30-06 per week, and maybe 50 rounds of .44 mag per week. Amazing how far a little BLL goes. And a quart of White Label alox really keeps my lube costs down.

I probably have enough to last many years... That's why I was offering to part with some to fellow ALASKA shooters

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I'm not looking for any. Several people have talked about having dozens of cans.
    So what????

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    I hoard everything. Im in no way a "prepper", But I would bet a lot of them dont have my backstock. I think I was just raised that way.

We have a store that sells all sorts of stuff that is damaged goods from truck or train wrecks and buys it I think from Insurance Company's.
    I was looking for something I use for my grinder and walked past the floor wax and soap shelves and there were a bunch of cans of this stuff ranging from $3. a can to $7. depending how bad the can was dented. I didn't want any because my Wife has a couple cans in her cleaning stuff she uses for the dining room table and china cabinet. I have a can I used for waterproofing my PP bullets for hunting. I don't know how old that can is, but it will still be on the shelf when I'm gone unless my Wife runs out

Boolit Master
    I got 9 cans of it when Ii read ho good it was on Bens post and than read it was going away. I went into my local Lowes and they had 12 of them on the closeout shelf at $1.77 each. I left 3 for others, you guys that brought the dozen are hogs.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I didn't hoard any, I just have enough for all my shooting days!!!! Lol
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    If I found some on sale , I would have hoarded a few more cans . But I only found 3 cans and it definitely was not on a clearance sale .

Boolit Grand Master

Seems we have many grasshoppers and few ants :beer:

Boolit Grand Master
    Funny....I do not view being called a hoarder as derogatory
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    None Of the 3 Co-polymers in the Ludmark!!!!! No it is not the same stuff! If you guys are interested We can buy the formulae from Johnsons....for a price! They sell their patents... their own formulas ! 2 of the Co-polymers are out there but the one is in their possession as proprietary
    I have a company in Scranton PA that will mix it is we can buy it!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Banned
    I have 50 cases. Hoping to get $100 per bottle some day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I have 50 cases. Hoping to get $100 per bottle some day.

Nah, Just teasing. I don't have any. I just started reloading, casting etc. Using powder coat. We don't need no stinkin boolit lube.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Buy the patent & it is ours!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Buy the patent & it is ours!
    Maybe if we all contribute 1/3 of our stash to be sold on eBay to the highest bidder with a min bid of $100 per can then we would have the money to buy the formula.

I have ummmm, let me see, hmmm, 3 cans. Yeah that's it 3 cans. Dear wife on the other hand has 8 but she won't go along with my crazy ideas so I doubt that "she" will get contribute any of "her" stash. Now if I could just get her to move her cans to a shelf away from my cans...

I looked at the price of buying cans vs. buying a lube press, size dies, and punches and figured out this was a whole lot cheaper. Made stopping at a few stores to locate what I could worthwhile. If anyone calls me a hoarder by golly I'll start waxing the wood floor with it just out of spite! :-p
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast