Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
PBcastcoLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floor wax hoarders?

Boolit Master

Floor wax hoarders?

I mixed up a batch of the new formula of Ben's. I mixed up 14 ounces and from what I can see this is going to last me a very long time as it doesn't take much.

So my question to you guys with dozens of can's of floor wax is just how much do you shoot? Hundreds of rounds per day?
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

With Ben stating that the new formula (which uses a floor wax that's actually available to purchase) works just as well as the original formula, I can't imagine that anyone is hoarding the JLFW anymore...
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I mixed up a batch of the new formula of Ben's. I mixed up 14 ounces and from what I can see this is going to last me a very long time as it doesn't take much.

So my question to you guys with dozens of can's of floor wax is just how much do you shoot? Hundreds of rounds per day?
    Not enough !!
    I should pass on some of my collection
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master
    I have two cans and a partial can-- which I estimate will last for years and years.
    Hick: Iron sights!

I have 4 full bottles, after three years my first bottle is almost empty.

At some point I may or may not give a bottle away, but not yet, not now, perhaps never.

My grandson may discover he loves BLL as much as I do.

To those coming late to this party all I can say is the early bird gets the wax.
    Or he who keeps looking for it.

I got lucky and scored 2 off amazon after the word came out that it was being discontinued.
    Paid a little more but I am happy.

Free market, supply and demand. Create enough demand and someone will supply it.

Banned

I still have some of the original batch of 45/45/10 lube.
    it's the one that proved out the original cooking directions.
    it's only like 8 years old, good thing I only made a half batch.

Boolit Master
    I got tickled seeing a post fer JLW fer sale at $35 a can. Guess it's like those $125 13 rd mags during the high cap ban.
    I also have some 45-45-10 from few years back. Still looks good.
    My tumble lube mix not doing as good. Plastic bottle I stored it in has sucked in and got real hard.
    I did try to warm it some, I think it needs more attention, maybe the spirits evaporated ?
    Glad that Ben has done so much testing AND sharing his results with the community here.
    Great bunch of guys n gals here.

Tex G, They can always wax their cars n trucks. Preserve a stock or wipe down a stored firearm as it's way better then cosmoline to clean off. Wax the wife's car, do the furnature, boat...etc.
    I didn't hoard any because I clearly read, A little goes a long way !

Be safe and enjoy shootin, Mike

Moderator Emeritus

About the time I decided to buy some and try it, there were whispers of it being discontinued (in canada anyway). The local Ace Hardware didn't stock it, but could order it in (no shipping costs to me), so I ordered a case, just to make it easier on the Hardware store owner, I don't recall if there are 6 cans or 8 cans to a case...but whatever, that'll be a lifetime supply for me, as I only use if for certain applications.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Not really hoarding but I found 3 cans a year ago at my local hardware store so I picked them up at around 10.00 a can , I have been using it to lube wadcuters unsized as cast and it is possibly a life time supply . I put them in the barn so my wife doesn't get any ideas of me polishing the future .

Went looking for Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax at two hardware chains, Ace and True Value. Both said they used to stock it. Both looked at their computer to see if they could order some for me, and both said the product was discontinued.

Went to Walmart.com and was able to order one with free shipping, but only 6 left.

Smile

Nice to see you posting here again, Lloyd! (And greetings from sunny Florida! Sorry I couldn't help you with the reloading class.)

Boolit Grand Master
    When it was announced the Johnson's product was being discontinued I was able to scrounge 11 cans of it - most of it on closeout sales. I will never use it all, but may sell some or trade for things I need. But back then, the Lundmark option had not been discovered so yep...I hoarded it. Better to have it than not have it. $100 for a couple of decades worth of product seemed like a good investment. But that is how I am wired.

Don Verna
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I have 9 cans. Enough for life. And I do hope that people discover something even better.... but if they don't... I'm good.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy

Since getting back into casting , I have acquired the ingregence for all the different kinds of lubing , except for the Lubesizer stuff , been there done that , hate it ... Just got in my powder for the HiTek stuff , and im sure that I will try powder coating too. So in a nut shell im set for what ever comes down the pike..... In the process of adding on to my reloading room, and adding a casting room , im almost there , cabinets went up today .....all I can say is that since December when I decided to go back to casting , I could have bought a chit load of jacketed bullets maybe a double chit load LOL......But its a whole lot more fun making the bullets , than going down to the LGS and picking up a chit load BAWHAHAHAHAHA...it a good thing that I think that im independently wealthy LOL
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Is hoarding buying a lot of something while it is still widely available? Yep, I have 6 or 8 cans.

Everything I buy, everything I acquire, I do it with the knowledge that I have 2 sons with a serious interest in shooting and at the very least, a passing interest in reloading. Imagine how tough it may become in oh, 30 or 40 years, to get the stuff needed to produce cartridges.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    I have been buying bulk for 30 years.
    Figured what i'd live too and every time I got a new toy I laid in what
    I figured a lifetime supply or at least from retirement to plant time.
    When I do retire I figure on shooting a little per day and will never have to buy anything.
    Anything left over the kids can fight over.
    9 cans and I went more overbored on other stuff.
    I never worried when rimfire was hard to find - thought ahead and still was able to bang
    away at my usual rate.
    So where are these hoarder t-shirts??

When you find the T-shirts, maybe get a couple cases, just in case?
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Do the Tshirts come in kids sizes?..... 'cause, you know.... they ain't gonna let go of none of this stuff either.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Back when I was in the commercial reloading business all we ever used was JPW for .38 and .45 wadcuttetvand we loaded and sold MILLIONS of rounds with no issues.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned

if you guy's would just read the MSDS on the lundmark and the floor wax and the JPW.
    siiigh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast