RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is nobody looking at the 310 Swap sticky or doesn't anyone need what I posted?

Boolit Master

Is nobody looking at the 310 Swap sticky or doesn't anyone need what I posted?

1. I have a #3 MR die.

Muzzle resizer for 22 WCF.

22 WCF is not 22 Hornet or 225 Win. It is 22 WCF.

See this thread:

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1221705914

2. I have Priming Chamber #17

Priming Chamber #17 for 33 Winchester.

3. I have Priming Chambers #21, #25, & #27

#25 is 41 Long

What is #21 for?

What is #27 for?

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, Mr. Magnet! I always check/read your postings ! But, sadly a poor, retired chap -- I have nothing in my wee collection which might use the wonderful items you posted; and, am ignorant enough to not even know what a priming chamber is. (I may just Google it... you piqued my curiosity...)
    So, to respond to your query -- YES, I looked; and NO, I have no need.
    BEST!
    geo

Later edit -- I Googled priming chamber, and best I can find: "On the inside of a cylindrical envelope, an anvil projects from the base of the envelope and has a flat central member extending parallel to an axial plane of the envelope. Flash-holes are formed in the flat areas of the base on either side of the central member so as to create passages in the vicinity of the axial plane of the cylindrical envelope. The central member has two extensions which have a tapered upper portion and connect to the top of the flat central member, forming a relatively flat end, the lower part of the anvil being connected to the cylindrical envelope, forming an integral part of it."
    This makes no sense to me! This sounds more like the description of a primer. ???????
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 02-07-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Geo, the priming chamber is the part Lyman provides with the 310 tool set of dies to re-prime the case... it's the odd part that looks like about half of it is cut away.

For everyone reading this, the journey down 310 TL Jr road is a strange and marvelous one and it's vital that you have a source of odd parts as you follow the twists and turns. There are only a few such sources and I can highly recommend my e-friend, Brass Magnet. Although we are half a country apart, I have repeatedly packed up a batch of trade stuff and shipped it to him, and the return mail never failed to satisfy. For Mr Magnet, it seems that the stranger the better as far as calibers are concerned! I look to him first when I need to look for 310 stuff.

Regards,
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I posted what I had and needed in another thread, which drifted around inconsequentially and then died. I figured if anyone was interested, they'd get in touch.

The 310 Swapping Thread idea sounded good in theory, but it looks like Swapping & Selling is a more productive venue.

Boolit Grand Master

Since I found that the 310 41Colt set is designed for the inside boolit, not the heeled, I gave up on that caliber with the 310 - too bad, it's a natural. The Starline brass for this caliber uses the 38 Special shell holder anyway. Lot of confusion and complications with the 41Colt cartridges.

That is the only one on your list I load, and I'm at work so don't have my listing for the others.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for explanation, Green Frog! I'd never have guessed what it was -- as stated Google provided no correct answer -- and albeit I am an afficiando and user of the Lee Factory Crimp dies -- that's about all ('cept two moulds) I have of Lee stuff.
    I appreciate your taking the time to explain this; I, too, concur with your kudos for Mr. Magnet !
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    3. I have Priming Chambers #21, #25, & #27

#25 is 41 Long

What is #21 for?

What is #27 for?
    Based on 310 Priming Chamber numbers generally aligning with TruLine Jr. shell holder numbers:
    PC No.21 - .38 Smith & Wesson
    PC No.27 - 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Nothing needed. If your so concerned about not selling the items - post in the For Sale on the ASSRA forum
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Brass,
    I tried to locate info on the #27 and # 21 priming chambers in my older Ideal books and blanked on both . The # 21 J shell holder is for the .38 S&W Long according to the 310 die chart in the Lyman 41 st edition load book . Most pc's are the same # as the J shell holder for a given caliber but that is not true in all cases . The .30 carbine uses a pc #23 but uses a J shell holder # 19 and the .32 Auto/ .32 S&W Long pc # is 9 but uses a # 19 J shell holder . The 7.62 Russian uses a pc #16 and a J # 17. Most of the others listed are the same number from one type to the other , problem is they made a lot of sets that are not listed . I have not seen a complete list published by Lyman with all the sets they ever made as regular production listed .

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

I have a 38 S&W boxed set and it came with the #1 priming die, same as 38/357. It works fine for both cases.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Mold
    I have a 6 die 30/06 set that I have no need for. ( With handles ) Still looking for a 222 set though
    anyone want to swop ?

Sorry for the hijack, Mr Magnet !
    Last edited by Frogfeatures; 02-07-2017 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Forgot my manners.
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

Boolit Grand Master

No hijack, that's exactly what Brass wants.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I have a 38 S&W boxed set and it came with the #1 priming die, same as 38/357. It works fine for both cases.

That does not surprise me.There are probably several that would cross over.The S&W and Special have the same rim size and case diameter so there would be no reason for it not to work for both.Maybe the #1 and #21 is the same deal as a #9 and #19 ? They use a #14 priming chamber for the .45 Auto Rim as well as the 38-40 and the 44-40 . Rim diameter of all three may be near enough to work but the Auto rim has a rim that is much thicker but according to Lyman it works . In a J holder the AR takes a #14A and the 38-40 and 44-40 take the #14B .

Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 02-07-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin1964 View Post
    Based on 310 Priming Chamber numbers generally aligning with TruLine Jr. shell holder numbers:
    PC No.21 - .38 Smith & Wesson
    PC No.27 - 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser

Thanks for the info!
    It looks like I need PC No.21 and PC No.27!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    [/h]Nothing needed. If your so concerned about not selling the items - post in the For Sale on the ASSRA forum
    I never sell.

Moderator Emeritus

...SNIP
    I'm not sure why? but making a thread into a Sticky seems to be the best way to kill a thread
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I havent checked it in a long time. The last time I did, it seemed so discombobulated that it was somewhat hard to follow. As said, it seems like the WTS/WTS section would be a little more effective - not so much for selling but for swapping.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I havent checked it in a long time. The last time I did, it seemed so discombobulated that it was somewhat hard to follow. As said, it seems like the WTS/WTS section would be a little more effective - not so much for selling but for swapping.
    Let's make a 310 Swap thread right here and lock it every few months so it has to start over with current information.

Boolit Mold
    Let's make a 310 Swap thread right here and lock it every few months so it has to start over with current information.
    Good idea !
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

Boolit Master

Lyman 310 Swap thread for February 2017 started. Go ahead and jump in. The water is fine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast