Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone a recipe for southern cornbred?

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    In my opinion "Real" Southern Cornbread is made with white cornmeal, milk & eggs. On occasion we might add some onion for additional flavor.
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    not much of a fan of yellow corn bread or corn bread cake. When I was in the service I used to go home with a buddy from NC. His mother was hands down the best cook ive ever had the privilege of sitting at the table of (don't tell my mother). She made fried chicken, black eyed peas, and white fried cornbread nuggets (for lack of better words) and sweet tea to wash it all down. Now they were good. Ive tried about every recipe ive found on the internet to find something similar but never even came close. I would honestly walk 20 miles and pay 200 bucks if she was still alive to have here fried chicken dinner.
    Lloyd, There's a world of difference in the Chicken you buy in the store and what old time butcher shops sold or what was grown at home. The company I used to work for had a contract to haul Chicken feed and feed additives for one of the big name grower/processers.. They would take baby chicks, feed them ally chloride, cholene chloride and growth harmones mixed in with their feed and in SIX WEEKS had a 2lb fryer! If you take a close look at the chicken you buy in the store and see white fat and the meat has a bluish tint that was fed the concoction above! REAL chicken will have yellow fat and the meat won't have the bluish tint. It will take the better part of a year to get that same 2 lb frier, but the difference in the meat is striking!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123