Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Cast bullets for sks. A few questions.

Boolit Buddy

Cast bullets for sks. A few questions.

So I am getting ready to cast some 155gr think .313 or .312 going to size to .312 with gas checks. Want these to shoot well and cycle with very minor leading if any.
    What would be a good lube? Thinking Lyman Orange or would tumble lubing be the way to go. Also how if at all will lube affect the gas system.
    Thanx

Boolit Master

Use Ben's Red, and don't look back. Develop your load using Ben's. H4198 and Reloder 7 are good to start with IMO. I like LeveRevolution behind NOE 316299's myself.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Banned

I don't think anything affects an SKS's gas system.

I like rel7 a little better than imr4198 for the 155, but I have never had problems with it cycling. I am using 21gr for about 1925-1950 fps I am guessing, and am hitting orange clays at 50 yards every time, with my eyes and iron sights that pretty darn good. am using home made lube now but when it is warmer will switch to tac 1, I would also like to try white label's blue carnuba too
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice to hear...
    Have learned before I jump into a casting project ask a few questions and the good men here will offer up quality information every time.
    Thanx so much

If you already haven't seen it here is a very good read on cast in the 7.62 short http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...on-the-7-62X39

on the lube question I've used a lot of different one from straight LLA to BW and vasoline mix and Lars white label lube and all worked well enough
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Personally I use 16 grains of 2400 under the lee 155 and lube with speed green. Shoots very well and cycles the action. Be sure to clean after every range trip. It's a thing with the SKS.