MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Federal Auto Match - 325 packs

Boolit Master
    try the comparision @ 100 yds and see what happens

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rond View Post
    I don't know why they call this match ammo as it varies greatly from shot to shot.
    How true!
    I have a buddy with a Browning SA22. It consumes the bulk pack ammo and makes an honest one ragged hole group with the whole magazine full, at a good 25-30 yds out. Once in while you find a gun that ain't picky.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Not possible as the indoor range is only 25 yd. Moreover, when I compete in my club's bench rest matches, it's only 50 yd.
    Although you may not agree turtlezx, 50 shots bench rested @ 50 yd. will clearly separate the wheat from the chaff re .22 ammo. When I return home and have access to my .22 match rifle and a 50 yd. range, I intend to do just that.

I make no claims for it to be 100 yard MOA ammo.

The only claim I make is that my pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's like it. Very few problems of any kind with it at all. And at 20 feet they easily group smaller than a pop bottle top if the shooter can hold it.

Beyond that I claim nothing.

When I start seeing sticky extraction I put the pistol up and when it gets home it gets cleaned. And it seems to be good for a year or so before I have to worry about doing it again. I have yet to see any reasonably priced .22lr ammo that will not eventually cause enough gunk to accumulate to the point that the gun needs cleaning. Cheap stuff will cause it to happen faster. I did run 100 rounds of old cheap **** ammo through the one Mk III when I broke it in. And both magazines used for that had to be stripped, cleaned, oiled, and reassembled. They got sticky, started causing failure to feed issues. Cleaned, oiled and reassembled they are like new. Some maintance is always going to be required.

You get what you pay for mostly. Some better, some worse. If it does not work for you, use something else. YMMV, for me it works.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPanda View Post
    I have a whole bunch of this stuff and it shoots just fine. Just not really any better than other bulk 22. Frankly, I'd prefer the 525 round box of plated federal 22 I used to be able to find.
    I agree. I am down to my last four boxes, purchased at wally world, on sale 8.87 a box.

I seen today at a farm fleet store that had some of these 22lr. And to the shark that Walmart of the one I go to once in awhile had some Rem 22lr 525 and some CCI 22lr . It is the first time in a long time I seen them had them and the Rems was going about $29.95 and the CCI for 50 went about $3.?? .Not bad for a start.Hope they drop the price more.I did not get any of it because I am good to go for now.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

My experience with the Auto Match is acceptable for bulk .22 ammo. Benched at 50 yds out of my Henry 16" carbine with Weaver K2.5 scope, 10 shot groups are 1-1 1/4". This gun will consistently due 3/4-7/8" with good std velocity ammo. I have a S&W Model 34 (22/32 Kit gun)revolver with a dot sight on it that with good ammo is a 2" 50 yd gun. With the Automatch it's 2-3" at 50 yds and benched I can hit my 3" 50 yd swinger every time. Target ammo it isn't but it is decent plinking ammo IMO.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Dang it.
    I don`t really need it, but now I am going to have to buy some just to see how well my guns like it....dale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123