WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal Auto Match - 325 packs

Boolit Master

Federal Auto Match - 325 packs

Palmetto State Armory has been running good deals lately. $19.99 per 325 pack. Free shipping when you buy 5.

Vendor Sponsor

I'm sure they have a good supply from back when they were selling them at $49.99 - sticking it to anyone who would buy. Sure, just smart business. That was their choice.
    I support the retailers now who did not vastly over charge back then. This is my choice.
    Chill Wills

Local cabelas always had good price when they were scarce. Got that same deal before Christmas but only had to spend $49 for free ship. Daughter goes through enough I bought 5 boxes anyway.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    Palmetto State Armory has been running good deals lately. $19.99 per 325 pack. Free shipping when you buy 5.
    Good deal if you buy 5. Shipping charges would be significant.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I have 2 flats, $16.75/box on case quanity. Have another order in for 3 more flats as the grand son is getting and itchy finger.
    Charlie

Web site shows already sold out of those Federal Champions. Those are my ammunition of choice for feeding the pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's my wife and I shoot.

Was at the range with her sunday, lots of smiles on faces, good memories.
    Man that ol girl can shoot.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know why they call this match ammo as it varies greatly from shot to shot.

Boolit Master

Rond
    Maybe that is why federal calls it match ammo as you try hard to match the first shot with all the others that fallow
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

I know it works great in my Browning HP .22 conversion, and my sons Nylon 66. Still no better in person deals in my area, so I have been buying 5 of these every month or so to stock up. Pretty sure it isn't left over stock as it comes and goes, not always available. And maybe they were gouging before, don't remember it, but I do know that Cheaper then Dirt STILL doesn't have reasonable priced .22. And no one else who carries these has them for this price, so if they did I'll have to forgive them.

Boolit Master
    I have purchased this ammo, with free shipping why not purchase the five boxes.
    Made hollow points with the Niel Walts dies. Have sorted out by weight to try to improve groups.
    My grand son will shoot a lot of these out of a bolt action gun I put together for him with a special barrel that has been laped with some taper in the bore.
    Good price with the free shipping.

I have a whole bunch of this stuff and it shoots just fine. Just not really any better than other bulk 22. Frankly, I'd prefer the 525 round box of plated federal 22 I used to be able to find.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.

Wish I could get my hands on some more CCI Blazer. That stuff shoots great in every .22 I own.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    I know it works great in my Browning HP .22 conversion, and my sons Nylon 66. Still no better in person deals in my area, so I have been buying 5 of these every month or so to stock up. Pretty sure it isn't left over stock as it comes and goes, not always available. And maybe they were gouging before, don't remember it, but I do know that Cheaper then Dirt STILL doesn't have reasonable priced .22. And no one else who carries these has them for this price, so if they did I'll have to forgive them.
    I am with you 100%. You are taking care of your needs at a good price.

Because I can get then local for about this price and I have a strong supply in hand, I don't order and remember their scalping us and don't support them.

IF, on the other hand I was not flush with Auto Match and saw this deal, I would be ordering from them too.
    Chill Wills

Bud's seems to have this in quantity at 7 cents a round. 21.99 per box of 325, 3 boxes is just 21 rounds short of a thousand.

Wife said today that she wanted us to stock up some more. Think she forgot how much she enjoys shooting that Ruger Mk III with the Red Dot.

I have 6 in the cart, will order when she gets paid thurs night. That will last us for a few months.

Boolit Buddy
    Accurate and reliable but leads my guns worse than any other I've shot.

Boolit Master
    Palmetto has Federal Auto Match, 325 pack, on sale today. $19.99 each. Buy 5 and get free shipping!

Boolit Grand Master

They're $18.47 a box at Dick's Sporting Goods. With tax it came out to $0.06 a round. Not happy about the price but it will keep the step daughter shooting for a month or so. Depends on if I let her use the GSG 1911.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WJP View Post
    Accurate and reliable but leads my guns worse than any other I've shot.
    These will not eject from my 10/22. They are great in everything else I have and the 10/22 ejects the other ammo I have on hand.

Boolit Master
    I use it in my 2206, 2213, 2214. Works reliably. At 6 cents a round, this is good stuff.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I use it in my 2206, 2213, 2214. Works reliably. At 6 cents a round, this is good stuff.
    Meh, it's over priced for what it is. I can't use it in a bunch of my 22s. But it will suffice for now. IMO it's over priced bulk fodder. But then again so were the golden bullets that were priced at $40 a brick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast