RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load Data PBcastco

Thread: Getting Over My "Bullseye Fixation"

Boolit Master

Getting Over My "Bullseye Fixation"

Well this past Sunday at our monthly black powder match I was able to mostly overcome the really bad case of "Bullseye Fixation" that I found out I had late last year. I had dome some dry fire in the garage and went to the range several times to practice off hand at 50 yards with the hardest rifle I have to shoot well. It is a 42 inch barrel Lehigh assembly of parts I bought from MuzzleLoader Builder Supply company up in Idaho. It is also the most accurate when shot well and it took a few range trips and my groups got real tight the last time I went so I am getting there.

My health has also gotten better and I have been on Lyrica for about 6 months and all the Prednisone and Gabapentin have gotten cleared out so my joints and muscles are feeling pretty well. I was able to finish the whole match and tied with several others for first place in the steel portion of the match. I tied with another shooter for 2nd-3rd in the shoot off so I took 3rd as the other shooter is pretty new and was very excited to do as well as she did. Yes sir I am getting to be a happy boy!

Boolit Grand Master
    Great news. Good for you .

I know that prednisone is certainly something to stay away from, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to successfully get away from it. I hope you enjoy and are successful at many more matches. If you're able, a photo of your rifle would be nice!

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hawken5.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	187650Here is the rifle I shot with last Sunday. It was one of a pair that was made by gunsmith and national/state black powder cartridge champion Doug Knoel for the CVA company when it was just starting up. Both rifles were to show what can be done with things like engraved screws, special fore end tip, engraving on the lock plate, ETC, ETC. It is a 50 caliber and when on a pair of cross sticks will put 5 balls in a 3/4 inch hole at 50 yards. It was made about 1972 as the date in the fore end shows.

That is a very nice looking rifle, oldracer, and it does somewhat resemble a CVA Hawken, of which I have one, also a very accurate rifle. Mine is of the more common variety with a brass trigger guard and butt plate, but a real shooter, also .50 Cal. Bet you'll win the next match!