Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Made a batch of bullet lube...

Boolit Bub

Made a batch of bullet lube...

I was contemplating the idea of making my own muzzleloading patch and bullet lubricant. I suspect that it could be used for centerfire handgun bullets as well. I made a large batch today and poured it into tin containers. This stuff when it hardens is somewhat stiff.

What form should I use if I would like to sell this lubricant? Should I sell it in tin containers? Should I somehow pour it into a mold so it can be used in a lubrisizer? Should I even resort to making presoaked patches? Any suggestions as to what would be best? Thanks for the replies.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't do much muzzleloading, but for a handgun boolits, I use both hollow and solid sticks. That's because I have both a Star and Lyman lubrisizers. When I make my own lube, I mix it up in bulk, then cut it into smaller pieces for storage. I then melt it in a microwave oven and pour it into my sizers.

You might want to get some "beta testers" for your lube before you invest too much into marketing it. There are a lot of lube vendors around, many right here on this forum.

Personally, I quit making my own lube, I buy it from Lars. It's high quality lube, and I can't justify rounding up the ingredients and doing the melting and blending for the low price he charges.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore