Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: While my wifes away...... George and his minions.......

While my wifes away...... George and his minions.......

I was building my workbench with the thought that it could serve a dual purpose. As a bench for that occasional project and as a reloading bench. The thought was that when I could I would buy some reloading equipment it would reduce the cost whenever my wife and I go to the range. I shoot 9mm and she has the cutest little Smith and Wesson snubby 38 Special you've ever seen.

It must be George who's responsible for this, it must be.

My bride left Texas to visit her ailing mother. I stayed behind to watch the dogs and work at my very part time job. You see I enjoy things of the past. For instance there is nothing sweeter than a well maintained 53 Corvette or for that matter I think my Mom's 1936 Remington Model 31, 20 gauge is the cat's meow. Wouldn't you agree?

I came home and itseems our front door was partially blocked by an unlabeled packagewhich I picked up, unlocked and opened the door then put it on thetable. Hmmmm, no return address. Odd. Where did this come from?

While pondering whatto do as I began to prepare something to eat, I first had to movethe box delivered earlier. Kind of heavy, but it didn't even rattle,not even a bit. Curiosity got the best of me. Opened it up and knewimmediately George had been there. Thank you George YOU AREAMAZING!! I am so new to reloading I was researching what to buy andwhat the various combinations would cost. I was also activelyinquiring about the process on my favorite Boolit forum. I had notbought anything yet. My curiosity quickly turned to joy. Now Icouldn't wipe the smile off my face as I unboxed two turrets withdies installed and who knows how many 9mm cases. HMMMMMMM Therewere even some sample rounds of 9mm and 38 Special so I could seewhat to look for.

OK George where'sthe press? I wondered and wondered if there was another package I'dmissed. Nope, the porch was bare.

The next day I was home all day, however some how there was another box on my porch. Yep! Two Lyman Tru Line Presses. Georges minions are so sneaky. Seems I do remember two smoking tire burn outs and a whoop from the driver. Now that I think back there was a rather fast moving deLorian in the vicinity of those flaming skid marks.

I did say I like old things didn't I? Well after some research the single link press was made about 1949 to 1956 and the compound press was made after 1957 into the 1970's, I was graduating from diapers to grade school to high school those years. Both are in fantastic condition and came with the dies already adjusted.

Now I can get into reloading and just think what a great time we will have at the range.

One question remains, George: You are so generous and you are thoughtful to give what the receiver needs. That's what leaves this one remaining question: Is there yet another package to come? Three days later, In the middle of the day, again on the front porch, there appeared another package. It was heavy and rather scuffed up but totally intact. NOW there is another, more heartfelt appeal. I can do much to pay it forward for others, where do I begin?
    Last edited by bbogue1; 02-02-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Editing your original post was a start .

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

First rounds assembled with the awesome presses.Attachment 187127

Boolit Master

Well done, PRESS ahead
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

This George is one seriously generous dude!!
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Generosity is just one of Georges attributes. The other you would like is his sense of humor. He's quite a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by pull the trigger View Post
    This George is one seriously generous dude!!