Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: MP Molds

MP Molds

What a surprise! On Wednesday the 22nd, I ordered a 6 cavity 45-270 grain mould that was delivered today from Slovenia. Waiting on handles which I ordered the same day from Amazon.

Boolit Master

Awesome aint it!??! Amazing ship times!!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Ordered mould from MP and Midway on same day; MP 4 days Midway 7 days.

Wow, that is amazing. Thanks for sharing. I've yet to indulge in MP, but I been eyeing them.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Buddy

Every time I'm tempted by an MP mould, the shipping costs turn me off. It seems like the cheapest shipping option is about $30, and for that total price I can usually buy an NOE or Accurate mould.

Has anyone found a cheaper shipping option? I'd sure like to give them a try.
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Mold

If you spend enough on MP's website buying molds or parts etc., you can get "free" shipping! MP does have fast shipping though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Ordered mould from MP and Midway on same day; MP 4 days Midway 7 days.
    But Midway's shipping cost was less than half of MP

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    But Midway's shipping cost was less than half of MP
    But, does Midway sell MP molds? Shipping is shipping, it is what it is... Does he have what I need/want (yes, in that order) then he gets my business, regardless of shipping costs.

I'm one of those guys: Yes: I'm a caster, I'm tight with my money But, when I find something that I need/wand/desire: I'll spend the extra for shipping to get it to me.

"But Midway's shipping cost was less than half of MP" and took twice as long, if not longer and was in continent, not half a world away. Consider that!

Boolit Master
    Yup, MP Molds has what you want, and ships fast. It's not as fast as when they were still offering DHL 2day, but it's still fast.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

yup, I'd like to get a couple molds from either of those guys - years waiting. I don't know what they do sell, but it ain't what I want. If you have only a picture in the catalog but never make them, they really aren't for sale are they. just sayin...

Boolit Master

Should have another MP mould today, ordered Monday and get it Thursday.

The difference between MP and Midway for shipping is about 6 dollars, but MP use's a airplane not a mule, so it does cost more.

I just ordered one from MP yesterday. I will let you all know when it arrives.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Buddy
    MP is fantastic.
    Shipping to Canada is under a week and he regularly has sales. Get together €400 worth of stuff by going together with someone else and the shipping is included.

My biggest problem with his stuff is that it's so pretty I hate to use them.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    What a surprise! On Wednesday the 22nd, I ordered a 6 cavity 45-270 grain mould that was delivered today from Slovenia. Waiting on handles which I ordered the same day from Amazon.
    Why didn’t you order handles from MP? They have one of the best deals on nice handles, especially if you are already paying shipping for a mold. Are they out of stock?

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantviking View Post
    MP is fantastic.
    Shipping to Canada is under a week and he regularly has sales. Get together €400 worth of stuff by going together with someone else and the shipping is included.

My biggest problem with his stuff is that it's so pretty I hate to use them.
    I unpacked the MP mold today. 452-200 based on the H&G #68 boolit.

It came in under a week and I was blown away just how nice the brass 4 cavity mold looks. Golfing season has now started and I won't have much time till Fall, so I gave it to a buddy to use and get his opinion. He put it on the mantle as he too said, "it is too nice to use."

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Man View Post
    I unpacked the MP mold today. 452-200 based on the H&G #68 boolit.

It came in under a week and I was blown away just how nice the brass 4 cavity mold looks. Golfing season has now started and I won't have much time till Fall, so I gave it to a buddy to use and get his opinion. He put it on the mantle as he too said, "it is too nice to use."
    You're going to luv that bullet and the quality of the mold casting them. I only shoot the 1911's @ 50ft anymore. Not hand/cherry picked by any means. Nothing more then the test target used to test bullseye loads. 10-shot group @ 50ft using that same mp h&g 68 clone cast bullet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Same bullet using my favorite plinking load. 4.3gr of clays and any +/- 200gr bullet in the 1911/45acp. 5-shot groups @ 50ft
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    He drops ships his molds which means faster delivery. My nephew does the same thing from Sweden.

ACC

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    He drops ships his molds which means faster delivery.
    ACC
    I'm curious what you mean by this? Usually "drop shipping" means it ships straight from the manufacturer to the customer at the request of a retailer. In this case the manufacturer is also the retailer, like any other custom mould maker. Whether it's actually "drop shipping" or not I don't know, but it certainly wouldn't make sense to send a custom mould to a third party to ship. That would indeed slow the delivery process down, and cost more to boot.
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

I ordered my mold on Weds. I just recieved it today. That is 5 days. Last Monday, I sent a sfrb to Georgia, from Delaware. It still hasn’t arrived.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    You're going to luv that bullet and the quality of the mold casting them. I only shoot the 1911's @ 50ft anymore. Not hand/cherry picked by any means. Nothing more then the test target used to test bullseye loads. 10-shot group @ 50ft using that same mp h&g 68 clone cast bullet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Same bullet using my favorite plinking load. 4.3gr of clays and any +/- 200gr bullet in the 1911/45acp. 5-shot groups @ 50ft
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Very impressive groups, what kind of rest are you using?

I have about 12#s of Clays left over from shotgun shooting and have started using it in pistol loading. There just isn't a lot of loading info for this powder in pistol charts. So far have been loading quite a few 40S&W with 180 grain bullets using 3.4 grains of Clays. Ejection throws them about 5-6' out of most except the new Rock Island Ultra Match, with the much heavier slide, they only go a couple feet. I am thinking about bumping this up 10%.